What's the neatest job you've had the opportunity to do because you live a mobile lif

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Mike....

my wife works at a big hardware store and she runs the housewares area in it. She sells all kinds of things, but one thing she has me make to sell there is "Man-Cave" signs. I put alittle silly cartoon of a caveman on 'em, and I've got small ones, to bigger arched ones that fit over the top of a standard door frame.

"Guard Dog", "Security Kitty", and "Mine Field" (for dog areas) may be other good ones too.

Western themes such as "Howdy Pardner", "Fillies", and "Mares" could be sellers too! (you could put little cowboys and horseys on 'em.)

jus somethng I thought you could knock out and sell while doing your other signs.

I'm still waiting for my first neat job via this new lifestyle, haha!

Me too, Caseyc. I've never lacked for neat jobs, though. When I was in my twenties, I did singing telegrams for a living. It was a blast to be paid to party with people. And getting paid to act like a fool in public is kinda fun too! My latest gig is helping to run a Medieval Summer Camp for a local school. Kinda my dream job! Though workamping sounds fun too! Running around boffer sword fighting with a small horde of kids is hard to beat!

Other peoples kids are the best! You enjoy them for a few hours and send them home.

I've wanted to be a workamper for KOA.
I've had many oppurtunities to take the job from virtually every state in the union.

The only reason why I haven't jumped on the oppurtunity is the fact that I don't have a camper I can pull behind my Honda Civic and KOA will not allow you to sleep out of your car.

Maybe I should buy a one person tent and give it a shot.

Patrick46 said:
well now....that's a new one to me!! Quite an interesting way to make a dollar!

How does one find such a position, and is there any money at this???

The ex works as a contact lens tech for an optometrist and she found out about the job listing. Unsure where it would have been advertised or what agency runs the gig. I believe it was per job pay. Downside is, constant on-call availability and in Maine, a large geographical area to cover.

Itinerant carpenter while living in a VW bus. I can't help much with construction these days but I would like to check out Habitat for Humanity sites that offer free or reduced cost RV space for helping them build a house.