What's The Name of Your Rig?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So our Transit is Mr. Watlers (- yes. WATLERS-compliments of our young one) and the Winnebago is Tilly.

I've never been much on naming my vehicles.  When they were too slow or not running right I usually called them something obscene and not very lady like either.  At this time I refer to my Aliner as "White Bread"  white walls outside and inside until I got ahold of it.  Now rustic mahogany cabinets with sage green hand distressed painted doors.  When I feel up to dealing with 8ft tall ceilings from a ladder those will change too. 

It has been a change going from my 4x4 Ranger to a hightop Safari converstion van.   The other day I pulled into a parking lot at an angle from a low road to higher parking lot.  Did a little rock and roll or as said to myself " this thing wallows like 2 fat girl wrestlers in a pool of jello"  there's  a saying " it must be jam 'cuz jelly don't jiggle like that"...........so I'm a thinkin' on it.  It will earn it's name.......just like "Dammit The Untrained Attack Cat" did.

Jewellann

My first Van = "Tofu" When I converted it to 4x4, it became the "Tofu Warrior"

My Ford RV = "Big Blue"

My G/F's truck camper = "The Flying Anvil"

My first RV van: "The Great Potato"

My Kia Soul is a pretty versatile little car. It can do a lot and fill many different roles, but is not the best at anything, so I call it J.O.A.T.M.O.N., jack of all trades, master of none.

This is a picture of LenaBelle. This picture was taken last summer when I was at Big Sioux Recreation Area in Brandon, SD. I would have posted the picture in the first post but had problems. SIGH!

15965843_10157912828030562_7893847199638345683_n.jpg

I like your Astro, pretty lil' rig. :) Lovin' all the fun names, too! I've always named my rolling mechanical devices.

DesertDweller said:
I like your Astro, pretty lil' rig. :) Lovin' all the fun names, too! I've always named my rolling mechanical devices.

Thank you. I had a car once that was a real lemon---yikes! I called it "the rolling mechanical issue" as well as other, shall we say, more COLORFUL, names! ROFL! That's the problem with vehicles---there's always gonna be something that's gonna break and usually at the most inopportune times, too!  :D

VanGrrl57  :)

steamjam1 said:
My first Van = "Tofu" When I converted it to 4x4, it became the "Tofu Warrior"

My Ford RV = "Big Blue"

My G/F's truck camper = "The Flying Anvil"

My first RV van: "The Great Potato"

Hey silly you messed up 
my Truck campers name is blue  whale 
And The first Rv van is Baked Potato (and you shouldn't get rid of it).

My van's name is Paladin...  he's a soldier of fortune.

card3.jpg

Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

Check out the eponymous movie.

The 1989 Dodge High Top is the "Great White", it's big and pure white.

The turbo diesel Step van is the "Starship Grumman Olson". Starship because it is fully self contained with full size shower, double bed and much more.