Does your rig have a name?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelingZombies

Reaction score
Before I started getting ready for the road someone asked me if I named my rig. I thought about it and never did name it so my first instinctive response was, her name is "Mistress"! They asked why that name and with a smile on my face I replied "because she shows me things I've never seen before but every now and then she screws me and takes all my money ?.
So do you have a name for your rig and how did you come up with it?

Sweetwater II
Had a swan 57’ sailboat named “Sweetwater”
Now I have a land yacht, similarities almost scary.

Blimpy, first outing was in Oregon at the airport campground next to the blimp hangers.
-crofter

My step van is the "Starship Grumman Olson" and my high top Dodge van is the "White Whale".  Both names refer to their respective sizes.

Nope.

I call it just HOME. I always say let's go home! No matter where we are we carry home with us!

I call mine Cramper. It's only a raised roof truck topper on a six-inch riser. I have just about 48 inches of headroom. It's on a Ford Ranger, so the bed is 24x71 inches. Cramper fits it well.

My vehicle is made from a 379 Peterbilt road tractor, the same truck that was used to make the original Optimus Prime in the Transformer moves.

So we it OPie!

I call mine the "White Star".

It's a white fiberglass Space Craft fifth wheel. It's named after a spaceship in the show Babylon 5.

The Tioga, a 1989 Fleetwood Tioga, it should probably be "That Old Tioga".