What's The Name of Your Rig?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertDweller

Reaction score
So, I'm thinking about a name for the rig we'll get within the next three weeks....perhaps "Hartizz"? Because, well, "Home is where the Heart Is"  :D Or maybe we'll come up with something else? We named our van conversion "Hi Ho Silver" .......awaaaay!  What did you name your rig?

My fifth wheel rig is "Idlewild" and my truck is just Big Blue because she's a big, blue truck...lol. I've never really named vehicles but the trailer seems like it should have a name.

I haven't named, guess i lost the habit, somewhere along the way

Or I often just refer to it as "the/my cave"...it's dark and cozy and filled with furs and hides

We name everything, up to and including the neighbors cat we see in the window (we think it's a girl and her name is now Kevin) to the tree outside the window who's tenaciously clinging to it's leaves this winter, he's called Brian. Our truck is Zoe (from Firefly) and whatever home on wheels we get will end up with a name commensurate with freedom and exploring.

IMG_2914.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2914.JPG
    IMG_2914.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 8
My cube van started out with the name Elsie, but it didn't stick, all my friends called it Big Red.

When strangers ask, I tell them it's my ZAMBOT!
(Zombie Apocalypse Mobile Bug Out Transporter)

Su
the Self contained mobile living Unit, but also for Unsui
Little Su is the minivan, Big Su was the motorhome (sold), and Middle Su was the Vanagon (RIP)
Eventually I'll get it right and there will just be one, Su.

Other people kept telling me I needed to name my van. I didn't really care. My brother was one of those. He thought I should name it Ranger. In it's previous life, my van belonged to someone with a boat-related company and they had a couple big "ranger boats" stickers on the windows, which have been removed, but the tint is a slightly different color where the words were so they are legible in certain light. So, I guess it's Ranger.

Our Peterbilt Motorhome is the same make and make and model (379) used in the first several Transformers movies, so we named HIM Optimus Prime. But, we call him O(ptimus) P(time) for short= OPie. The name has stuck for seven years so it must be appropriate!

My E150 Conversion Van is simply "The Big Brown Van", or "the BBV".
My Grand Caravan is "the Little Van".
My vehicles never get named, except my old KLR650 motorcycle, "Peggy". She was red, big, brash, liked her bonbons. A mechanical version of Peggy Bundy from "Married With Children". ;-)

My white F250 is a crewcab with an 8 foot bed, and it's so big it can't fit in a standard length parking spot.  Hence, Moby Dick.

[font=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]My kids call my van Walter, the grumpy old van.  Early LA 318, duel straight pipes, cherry bombs, and cats give it a distinctive rumble.  For some reason the old car guys get a big grin when I drive by.   [/font]
cool.gif

Attachments

• Walter.jpg
    Walter.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 6
My Aussie van is called "BEV" standing for Bloody Expensive Van, I did an engine upgrade from a 4 pot to a V6 and it cost a lot more than I had budgeted for... Ah the fun of customisation :)

bev.jpg

Attachments

• bev.jpg
    bev.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 7
My van's name is Tilikum, it's the Chinook word for tribe.

Discovery............

"These are the Voyages of the Transit Van....DISCOVERY...........It's Continuing Mission:

To Explore America.....To Seek out New Friends....To Go where Doug has Never Travelled Before........."

I once considered this "Title" as a name for it.

"The roar of the snore,  the smell of the gear grease".    LOL

But,  I'd probably settle for "The Trip Ship" or something that would sound like a CB handle.