What made you happy today?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, my wife retires in three weeks, we are packed and ready to head back to our condo in Florida to put it on the market, and we are giving up our apartment here in Illinois. While we've been pondering our next move, we've been doing what so many here do and wondering how we'd work around the address thing, it will cost us a small fortune to change over plates/title/drivers license/etc to FL... lo and behold my brother says "why don't you just use my address here in Illinois?". Could have knocked me over with a feather, but now another huge burden lifted!!

Going for a walk with the dogs! The weather here in Nevada was perfect this morning.

Spent the day yesterday at the local zoo. Always one of my favorite places to visit. And it even had some species I had not seen before.

lenny flank said:
Spent the day yesterday at the local zoo. Always one of my favorite places to visit. And it even had some species I had not seen before.

Ever been to Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago?  The reptile house is old and smelly, but friends who like that sort of thing tell me it's a good one.

Queen said:
Ever been to Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago?  The reptile house is old and smelly, but friends who like that sort of thing tell me it's a good one.

Yes.  I liked it--it has a nice collection. And it's free.  :)

Philadelphia Zoo also has a very nice reptile collection.

lenny flank said:
Yes.  I liked it--it has a nice collection. And it's free.  :)

Philadelphia Zoo also has a very nice reptile collection.

I've been more times than I can count (except the reptile house, that's a noooope).  In the dead of winter the polar bear will play with you, he goes under water and swims at the glass and roars, we jump and scream, he seems very happy and does it over and over.

Getting the laundry done, stocking up on beverages.

My step mom died this week. It made me happy to know that her pain and suffering has ended and she shall see my sister who has also passed.

I am spending about three weeks with my adult kids. Friday my oldest got married. Yesterday was the reception at their home. I was asked to be the photographer for both events. This morning the happy couple texts me and asked if I wanted to join them for breakfast and opening gifts. What made me happy today? The love of my family and being included in their lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not losing everything from a forest fire. As far as I know, still under level one evacuation.

Ember(s) came from the Eagle Creek fire on the Oregon side of the Columbia River Gorge and started a fire on Archer mountain in Washington.

Spent a part of the weekend going through old files as part of the move prep. We found piles of old medical receipts and paid bills from our year and a half in FL. Made us both realize how damned good we have in Illinois with our wonderful HMO and integrated care system. We go to the doctors office, pay a $20 copay, she orders labs/xrays/bone density scan/MRI/colonoscopy/etc... we go to the appropriate department in the same building and get it done, no additional charges. Get put in the hospital for surgery or sickness, copay of $400, period. My entire knee replacement including all rehab cost us less than $600.

We are extremely lucky, everyone should have such decent and humane insurance.

That's great Queen and yes, everyone should have that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, the US is behind the rest of the world when it comes to our health care system--though we have the best technology in the world, we have little access to it.

My overseas friends look at us and shake their heads---the nation that put humans on the Moon has now become virtually a third-world society.

I really like this, think I'll start doing more than I normally do.

14264018_1208549442548833_7595066350615526328_n.jpg

Tonight I'm happy that I didn't fall down with my dizzy spells today, never puked in the floor, was able to take care of Queenie who has been sick, we made it across the street to the mailbox and back this evening, and the Iced tea and crackers that I finally ate about 6pm has stayed down and now I'm looking for some chicken noodle soup.

Some folks would consider that a bad day.  As I lay in bed for most of it I did too.  Then Q needed me to take her out again so I pulled up my big girl britches and got after it  :)

So it wasn't the best day :huh:  It sucked big time 

I'm Happy It's Over  :D

Jewellann

Hope you both feel much better today, Jewellann.

Spending last weekend with my only niece, her husband, and their baby. It was one of the best times I can remember.
We played with the beautiful happy little baby (she's 11 months old now) all day, then after she had her bath and was all tucked in we sat down to a meal worthy of a top restaurant cooked for us by her very talented husband (he cooks gourmet as a hobby), we shared some delicious wine and sparkling conversation, then called it a night. They have a wonderful life and that little one is so loved, it was a joy to witness.

Latest posts