What are YOU listening to??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This song and TV show I grew up with and consider it to be my anthem for all those years working on the road. "Maybe Tomorrow."

This week I found myself enjoying some of the classical guitar videos. It seemed just the right music, interesting and not irritating to my ears. I think I will head to the library and take along my laptop and get some CDs of it from the shelf and sit there and record them as digital files. I used to do more of that record from the library CDs in years past. I think it is a great way to expand a music library at zero cost and you don't have to use any data minutes. Perfect thing to do on a rainy day.

My tastes in music are unusual. I have always loved classical of many kinds. Jesus joy of man's designing by Bach is on of the most soothing melodies ever written. My second favorite would be the Brandenburg concerto #2. Now for the odd part. I have spent several summers working for a mission in the mountains of Eastern KY and fell in love with gospel blue grass. That gritty, folksy sound could not be farther from Bach than east from west. Something about Blue Grass feels so real. No mater where I am I can close my eyes and be in the beautiful mountains of KY.
Guess I am just strange. Here is a link to my favorite blue grass artist - Ralph Stanley.

MaTaLa said:
Cover of Hey Joe, by Otis Taylor, live recording.

Otis' vocals aren't as strongl as his studio version, be sure to check that out as it has a coil vintage slide of pop culture photos, but hauntingly beautiful instrumentation. 

Fiddle/violin player in live version exudes soul on stage, I'm in love ?

Nice. I find his music good to listen to while making forum posts. Lots of instrumentals with good beats.

I started listening to the audiobook of Neil Peart's "Ghost Rider" a few months ago while going through my own life falling apart around me. He passed away while I was in the middle of the book. Audible made all of his books free for the rest of the month, so I snagged them and have been listening ever since.

Mean Mary "Friend I never had"

I love this woman; the world needs more Mean Mary's

My camper looks like a Peterbilt road tractor, because that’s what it is. I always travel 58 mph to maximize my fuel savings. My mileage is 11-13 mpg. I am almost always in the right lane.

In addition to fuel savings realized by traveling “slower” there is actually a more important benefit; safety. Traveling in the right lane at a slower constant speed you are a known quantity to traffic around you. And, you are not passing any vehicles because most are passing you. The eliminates by 50% the number of other vehicles which are a danger to you.

Because my vehicle looks like a commercial straight truck, people do not act negatively to my slower speed. “Hey, I’m a big truck, of course I’m a bit slower!”

Just my opinion . . .

*Included with Amazon Prime Music 

Tim O'Brien "The Crossing" - 
Bluegrass star returning to Irish roots.
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]"A Mountaineer is Always Free" is my fav[/font]

Oh, WILD@HEART is back!
Slow Burn is a keeper

"No Roots" Alice Merton, live acoustic

MaTaLa said:
Oh, WILD@HEART is back!
Slow Burn is a keeper

"No Roots" Alice Merton, live acoustic

Good  To See You ?

Hit The Ground Running

Why So Serious?

Gypsy

Playing for Change does awesome music. Thanks to modern recording technology, musicians from different continents play and sing together without ever leaving their respective homes.

Here's an example - https://playingforchange.com/videos/the-weight-song-around-world/

Whenever I'm feeling pessimistic about the human species, I listen to something from Playing for Change. We're capable of magic too.