What are YOU listening to??

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neil Diamond - My fellow Parkinson's sufferer an oldy but goody for what we are dealing with today. At 80? he can still sing.

Neil Diamond - My fellow Parkinson's sufferer updated an oldy but goody for what we are dealing with today

WILD@HEART, Medicine Wheel was a treat first thing this morning.

First Aid Kit "My Silver Lining"

Great harmonizing feminine duet vocal...and a "moving" song.

John Prine, beloved grassroots musician, passed due to covid.
Sad days for a lot of us

Ooo! I just found Ganstagrass Never go home a couple weeks ago. So fun! I also just discovered the Bridge City Sinners, who I'm loving. Its gypsy/pirate/bluegrass fabulousness. Haha.
I'm just about caught up on "My Favorite Murder" podcasts as well. It's an interesting mix of humor and true crime storytelling that strangely works for me.

John Prine .... gonna have a cocktail, vodka and ginger ale ....

MaTaLa said:
John Prine, beloved grassroots musician, passed due to covid.
Sad days for a lot of us
Prine will be missed. His music was part of the campfire. Comes to mind-
"...illegal smile, doesn't cost very much but it lasts a long while..."
-crofter

MaTaLa said:
First Aid Kit "My Silver Lining"

Great harmonizing feminine duet vocal...and a "moving" song.

Silver Lining's can brighten our world. Good songs :)

Wills Of The River

I've been listening to a lot of real country lately. Ray Price, Patsy Cline, Willie, Glen Campbell, Joe Maphis etc. I like just about all genres but I'm usually a blues and jazz guy. Something about being in the outdoors seems to compliment country music (or vice versa)

My tastes are pretty eclectic but lately I've been cranking up Aldo Nova's 'Fantasy' in the morning:

Just remembered this guy and started watching Michael Hedges again.  RIP Michael Hedges.  Used to listen to him a lot.
Great acoustic guitar with lots of harmonics and strange tunings (I think):

All Along the Watchtower-----  Dylan/ Hendrix Cover

Gimme Shelter---- Rolling Stones cover

Bow Thayer fea. Levon Helm
"Wingless Angels"

Toe tapping Americana fella, and artist, from Vermont.

Couple of NSFW lyrics, explicit.

i really love sharing music here, some really good stuff.

But what I really want to know is... Are you gonna go my way?

Lenny....nice

Prince didn't specialize in guitar but is recognized at one of top 30, at least, in history and that's if you're a blues/rock purist
He played every instrument, wrote the songs, sang the songs and produced his own stuff. As a result, his ability on the guitar is seen as just one of his defining factors of his talent.

His solo at 2004 Rock Hall of fame ceremony is legendary.
"As My Guitar Gently Weeps"