Well,,,,,,,I guess it's time

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gapper2

Reaction score
Hi folks,
   I guess I need to do my introduction.  I'm a longtime lurker.  I believe I started looking at Bob's site and this forum back in late 2015.  I've watched lots of his youtube videos also.  I am amazed at the knowledge talent and humor this site provides.
  I'm still in S&B and probably will be but I'm a vandweller at heart.   Got waaay too much stuff to shed.  Kinda funny thinking about it when I first started researching the rv lifestle, I had to do a search on the definition of greywater and blackwater tanks.  Don't think I'll be drinking from those.
  I'm kinda new at this forum stuff.  The last forum I was a member of was back in the 56k modem days.  Things have changed.  I think the moderators have written great tips and tricks but I sure would like to see a youtube video on shortcuts and layout of the forum.  Sometimes the visual info makes it easier to grasp for me.
  I won't make this too long.  Hope to meet you folks someday.  I started to register as guest because I could always tell that I was online by looking at the bottom of the page. :shy:

George

Welcome aboard and out of the shadows George !
Now you can actually ask questions and help others when you can.

thanks popeye.  I plan to offer any help I can. but I am a newbie.  This site seems to be about people helping peoplle.

Hi Bryan.

:)  Hello and Welcome!  One of the best things about this site in my way of thinkin' is the diversity of the members and their wide range of knowledge and skills.   In the year I've been here I can't think of one question I've asked that has gone unanswered.

Jewellann

Thanks Jewellann.  I agree.  In the time I've been "silently observing" I have already been putting many of these fine folks suggestions to practice.  I finally settled on a tow vehicle.  I am practicing living in mainly one room.  Slowly getting rid of crap that I never really needed anyway.  And soaking up the knowledge like a sponge. :)

Welcome to the CRVL forums! I don't know if you'll see a video of tips and tricks. Feel free to ask about anything you don't understand. Someone will be happy to walk you through.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome George!!!
I am always amazed at something someone has asked or commented about here. I learn daily from the folks here just like you have been learning.
Good Luck in your quest to "live small" and you one day will be where you need to be, be it S&B or TT.
Sharon

Cyndi,
  I have searched the help sections and can't find information for several question.

1. what file types are accepted to up load as photos?

2.Are other types of files such as doc and pdf allowed and what is the size limit? 

3.  I would like to organize my thoughts on either notepad or wordpad in advance (to everyone's advantage) and use cut and paste to post to a thread.  (Sometimes takes longer --- old age kicking in) :D  any suggestions?

not sure if this should be posted here.  might be more helpful somewhere else?

thanks
George

George
No, even newcomers have experiences that can help somebody else.
I'm sure you must have done something that you know well ?