Introduction, and a thank you!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrcossey

Reaction score
Thanks to all responsible for the forum.

As you may have guessed I am a new forum member and I'll make the introduction as short as possible. I have been enjoying Bobs CheapRVliving Youtube videos some time. Like many these days I may find myself in a homeless situation "But" don't feel bad, I have my disability in which I can live on tho it is in the bottom range. I could write a book about my situation but it could be very very much worse than it is. I have been reading others posts as to get comfortable here. Not sure how many post I'll contribute to sense I have no experience to offer. In closing, I'm 63, live in North Central Arkansas. Have lived in Chicago and Kansas City (Raytown Mo.) and served 8 years in the USAF as a Jet Mechanic. May find myself homeless due to divorce (long story) But finding the possibility of starting over exciting and stressful at the same time. would not be as stressful except for my health issues (as many of us have them and have to learn to deal the best we can!) 

Love and Peace to all, Enjoying hanging out on the Forum!

Mike Cossey

Welcome mrcossey to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums :)

Sorry to hear about your bad luck but even in adversity you may find unforeseen opportunity(s). You may find others here with ideals & experiences you could use to have an even better life now. (and melt away a lot of stress)

Let me offer you to check out the two links below. A quick Van set up, and a portal of info for getting started & to use once out there.

All the best ! Thanks for your Service.

Thanks for the reply,

Got to go with the flow on things you have little to no control. Thank you for the links., Every day it looks more like this place will sell soon ,so links may come in handy soon!
I have a Chevy HHR (2011) and it's a tad cramped for living out of but I've seen a few of Bobs vids where folks have lived in smaller. I'm about 6'1" and can only sleep reclined so that can save space. I probably wont do much building on the SUV due to health issues. I do have a small solar setup ,USB fan and light ready to go. Due to CHF I will probably be force to travel northish to escape the heat and humidity.

Welcome....sounds like you are ready enough. You can always tweak your set up as you go along. Heading north sounds like a good escape from this heat. Keep us posted on your travels, please.

A quick update, and that's again for all the replies.

Not sure if I should stay on this thread , sense I am new here and will be homeless soon (28th of Aug) House sold, well, unless the buyers can back out before the closing, if so I have given away most everything I own (except a few tools ,cloths, music gear, guitars, tho I have given away a few of those also. I'll be relieved not to have to worry about this house and all it's needs. But now I have an added worry about the vehicle breaking down.
Not sure how often I will be able to get online to check in or even check emails. But just wanted to check in now while I have the time , been so busy moving things out and cleaning up.
Hope all of you are making it well enough. I'm hoping for the best but trying to prepare for the worst.

Thanks again,
Mike