Washing clothes?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since covid I avoid going in to enclosed spaces where others have been, including laundromats. Instead I use the bucket method. For agitation I strap the bucket to the quad and go for a trail ride.

"For agitation I strap the bucket to the quad and go for a trail ride."

hahahahaha, actually that works pretty good. the rougher the road the better.

highdesertranger

I have a similar setup to HDR.  I took a dollar store plunger and drilled 1/2" holes in it.  And I just use a regular 5 gallon bucket cover: cut a hole in the middle for the plunger handle and cut off all but 2 of the locking tabs.

"For agitation I strap the bucket to the quad and go for a trail ride."

My mother used to strap a jar of milk to the jeep and ma.ke butter that way

I like a laundromat, and try to keep machine use to one for light colors and one for darks.

Nothing needing special laundry treatment travels with me.

Because I travel with a 60 lb dog who believes she must sleep with me, I do laundry generally weekly so that I can wash bedding.

We got into the habit of washing every 14 days early on and have a travel pack with an additional 3 days worth of clothes “just in case.” We use use a laundromat but only at times when no one is there and as a public service put on masks and gloves and disinfect pretty much everything. Using spray and wipes it only takes a few minutes as there are only a dozen machines, two folding tables, doors and chairs. It costs us less than $20 a month and takes less than 1/2 a day twice a month. Some of the year we use our son’s washer and dryer as pay back for all the loads we did when he came home on weekends from college. Lol!!!

Latest posts