Washing clothes?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since covid I avoid going in to enclosed spaces where others have been, including laundromats. Instead I use the bucket method. For agitation I strap the bucket to the quad and go for a trail ride.

"For agitation I strap the bucket to the quad and go for a trail ride."

hahahahaha, actually that works pretty good. the rougher the road the better.

highdesertranger

I have a similar setup to HDR.  I took a dollar store plunger and drilled 1/2" holes in it.  And I just use a regular 5 gallon bucket cover: cut a hole in the middle for the plunger handle and cut off all but 2 of the locking tabs.

"For agitation I strap the bucket to the quad and go for a trail ride."

My mother used to strap a jar of milk to the jeep and ma.ke butter that way

I like a laundromat, and try to keep machine use to one for light colors and one for darks.

Nothing needing special laundry treatment travels with me.

Because I travel with a 60 lb dog who believes she must sleep with me, I do laundry generally weekly so that I can wash bedding.

We got into the habit of washing every 14 days early on and have a travel pack with an additional 3 days worth of clothes “just in case.” We use use a laundromat but only at times when no one is there and as a public service put on masks and gloves and disinfect pretty much everything. Using spray and wipes it only takes a few minutes as there are only a dozen machines, two folding tables, doors and chairs. It costs us less than $20 a month and takes less than 1/2 a day twice a month. Some of the year we use our son’s washer and dryer as pay back for all the loads we did when he came home on weekends from college. Lol!!!