Very close to taking the plunge, need advice from Full-timers and Vandwellers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That truck looks too small for someone to live in. The cost of making it livable will be considerable. You need at least 2 windows for cross-ventilation, A/C, small furnace, toilet, small fridge, bed, space for clothing......on and on.... where will it all fit?&nbsp; Where will you install your black and graywater tanks?&nbsp; What is the MPG on the bus?&nbsp; You will still have to go through all the expense of turning it into living quarters.<br><br>My advice is to stay with the Class-A you already have.

Which truck are you saying is too small?&nbsp; The Savana Box Truck?&nbsp; I have put together a pretty good floor plan that I think will work.&nbsp; I don't know the bus MPGs but I have done extensive research on the 6.2 Diesel and I am optimistic of the fuel economy although I am not optimistic of the reliability of the engine overall.&nbsp; It doesn't matter about the bus anyway, I chose not to buy it after the test drive. It was a total basket case.

That box truck looks downright spacious to me. You can vent with stealth openings and a squirl cage fan blowing air out and sucking air into the space. Just make sure the air gets sucked out from the top of the space.

Latest posts