van life sucks

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QinReno

Reaction score
This guy doesn't have much viewership, but this video was a total hoot. I figured best not to attach this to another thread, as it has a totally different orientation. Let it stand on its own. "Have you ever smelled what liver and onions smell like, 5 days after you cooked it in your van?".

I don't have the patience or gigabytes to sit through his s-l-o-o-w delivery.

I run videos like this at 2X speedup. In general, at 1.5X speedup.

I knew who this was before looking at the link let alone opening it!

He is one Grumpy Gus.

I always closed out his videos before getting to the halfway mark, but decided to rewatch most of it.

He should have led with what he was saying about 7 or 8 minutes in then talk about the ways that van life can suck if you approach it from the "living IN" your van as opposed to out of it. I'm betting on very few people listening all the way through.

I found another sucks video. This young gal has more charisma that the old guy. "What the hell was I thinking? I gave up everything".

-

Yeah, the same joke covers multiple aspects of life shift from S&B to van life. A lot of things change. And she didn't even cover the most important everyday changes ... pooping and showering.

Yes, she's a doll. I thought her trying to use her credit card in the coin slot at the laundromat was cute.

I watched as many videos as I could, about the "van life sucks," to get a broader picture than the " live the van life dream" videos showed so I've seen both of these videos. Hers was cute. Usually, I wouldn't watch the videos that are too professionally done with the pretty faces because, well - it doesn't typically have the stuff I'm looking for in van dwelling videos.

So far, I've made the decision to keep it part-time and completely casual.

I did a search on the youtube site on "van life sucks", and there are a dozen or more videos. Despite people's reactions I laughed all through the first part of the old guy's video, not having ever seen him before. The second part wasn't nearly as funny. I especially liked the "pea brain" comment.

Made it through the first 8 minutes of the old guy. A lot of assertions, really morose, but no real stories or facts. He doesn't lay a foundation, just gives you everything predigested as if everyone were exactly the same as he is.

QinReno said:
I found another sucks video. This young gal has more charisma that the old guy. "What the hell was I thinking? I gave up everything".

-

i actually watched this one and enjoyed it..."you can only take so much unconditional love...!"

Meh, I never watch videos about van life. I'm too busy living it.

I think it was very good. In places, it made me laugh until tears came out of my eyes. The second half is his message. If you have time and patience, it's worth watching.
Ted

He did finally talk about his happy place being living out of the van. I liked this one better, altho a Canadian's experience. And he even got rid of his storage locker.    ~crofter

I didn't watch it yet, but when I saw the title of this post, I chuckled a little. It would be funny to watch humerous takes on the frustrations of van life.

Sent from my RS500 using Tapatalk