Using your ATV

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunny

Reaction score
I know High Desert Ranger has an ATV, I'm curious if any others have them and use them. 

Mine will take up most of the bed of my pickup and the ramps will fill a lot of the space under the ATV. That means I will have to device a way to carry the generator or carry it in the trailer.

Those that have one, do you use it enough to carry around all the time? I am tired of paying for storage, right now I just have the trailer in storage now and that's 80 dollars a month for nothing. That and the 3 hundred a month payment for another year.

What say you all?

Rob

no has replied, so I will. I would say it depends on you. I find mine indispensable but I use mine as a work vehicle, they are the modern jackass. mine can handle a great amount of gear and gets about 45mpg. they go where other vehicles can't. you can run to town and not have to drive something that gets half or less mpg. so ask yourself, are you going to use it? if yes keep it, if no sell it. highdesertranger

Gunny said:
You're right, I don't suspect too many members here use them, I had bought mine to explore some canyons and out of the way place my legs will no longer take me.

A friend who contributes to Truck Camper Magazine and is a regular on another forum has invited me to join him and he he is in the boonies.

I bought the ATV on a whim after I realized my motorcycle days were over. Probably a mistake, lord knows I have made plenty lately.

My youngest daughter is going to join him for a couple of weeks when she takes a two month break from school. She is trying to come to grips with the fact her truck might get 'pinstripes' and that worries her.

Anyhoo, thanks for the response.

Rob

Gunny, are you talking a 4-wheeler, or a Side by side? We have owned 4-wheelers and sold them then bought a couple of side by sides. We use them at camp, to check out the whole of the camp, which right now is about 40,000 acres. We always take it with us to camp, and inside of it, we can haul the generator, in the back bed. They are both 2 person side by sides, and with plenty of room in the bed to haul the stuff we need to haul back and forth to camp, our tack box with clothes and food, the genny, and some extra stuff, that hubby can't leave home without. lol
So we like ours, but when we had 4-wheelers we found we couldn't haul much, besides each other, no room for those essentials we needed when we got where we were headed, so that is why we bought the side by sides.

#1 BonBob Queen, mine is a Polaris Ace 570, a single seat. I am on my IPad with no pictures of it since the internet is down here in the 'hood'. It's as narrow as a regular ATV and not restricted on any of the trails.

It would be useful in a few situations. I'm just not sure it's worth the effort. Thanks for the response.

Rob