Unhappy with purchase from eManualsonline.com. Here's why....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geneeus

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased an on-line manual for my 1993 Chevy G20 van. I was excited about the manual because it offered the ability to download it, and store it on my computer. That means not only can I read specific sections that I need, but I can also perform searches to find any related information on a specific adjustment, component, or repair.

At first the manual looked pretty good. Lots of pages. However, many of the photos would not open up. There were only placeholders where the photo should be. Then I noticed there was no index or table or contents. The real problem was that I needed specific information on having the ECM "re-learn" after replacement of a sensor. In many sections of the manual it referred to this, and gave information where it could be found. However, the location was missing.

I contacted eManualsonline,, and they responded by asking for more information, such as my VIN. I responded, and they replied that they had a much better manual, which they would install on my computer using online access. I immediately reported the transaction as well as them asking for access to my computer to PayPal.

We all know the danger of a complete stranger or unknown entity gaining access to our computers.

Just a word of caution, that's all.......

Not sure my reading comprehension is up to par but was the initial download offered for cheap $$, and a more comprehensive edition being offered for more pay$$?

Allowing a stranger full access is not wise, but a reputable entity having access is different.

I needed help installing my garage security cameras to my PC and the vendor needed to get into my PC's "shorts" and did a good job after all was said and done.
So it's not always a malicious or nefarious actor that asks for such access, but you must be diligent in screening any entity that requests it.

Last edited: