Cashless Society--- what will it mean for you?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrJean

Reaction score
There are countless articles now by very knowledgeable experts and futurists that share the current situation with the world and money and the globalist push towards a cashless society---world.

It's almost here folks...  yeah   doomsday post?*

I'm not an expert but I have kept in touch with how things are progressing in this vein...well... since 1967 actually...

The way things are now in the USA and the way globalists want them soon are not far apart.

When the "banks failed" a few years back--which was all plotted and planned for through the mortgage giving to those who could not possibly afford a home--it was the "investors" that took the hit.  The powers-that-be (you can assert whomever you wish to this title, it doesn't matter to me nor IRL I think at this point) took down some and tried to take down others who were "too big" and/or wouldn't comply with the global plan (another way to call NWO - New World Order, but again, call this what you wish).

The next major bank "fail" they will take common citizen's monies.

Part of the scenario is this:

Those powers that be insist that we don't need paper money (well, they have been saying that for years)...but that the larger bills, especially the $100 and $50 and some include the $20, are unnecessary and allow... mmm pick a main problem and they'll say it....say, drug dealers... allow drug dealers to launder money and do business too easily so there's a need to remove these big bills from the society altogether.

Doing this will also preclude most people from moving large sums of their own money FROM a bank into cash-in-hand.

Just try today...to cash a large check or withdraw large amount from your own account.  For one thing, due to the "Patriot Act" anything of $5,000 or more requires the bank to notify the government of what you have done!  (Remember, the powers that be will use any excuse to get the public on-board...safety, environment... think!)  If you do happen to have a large check mailed to you (snail mail) like an insurance reimbursement for one, rather than direct deposited...right now, generally, you have to go into the bank and show 2 forms of photo ID and verify with a bank manager who tells you whether or not he/she can access that right now (from the vault?)   I have always been surprised at this.

You will be less able to go get even say $500 cash from your account if you have to get it in $10s and $5s...or so that is the mindset.  How will people who want to be "invisible" carry any large amount of cash this way?  Nope.... gotta get creative and plan for this...

The MAIN plan is thus:

No one will have cash.  The move to allow ATMs to accept your credit card is right in sync with this.  More and more citizenry are accepting of using plastic, their smartphones, their computers to handle their monetary transactions.
The paychecks, social security (already this is a must) and all income will be direct deposited. You will not see any money.   Billing and bill paying will be done through technology, again you will not see any money, nor checks.  The convenience is already here for this and most are comfortable with it.

The pressure will be for businesses to not accept cash.  I'm sure you've seen some place like this... "for safety reasons" right?  Even non-profits or memberships are asking for prepayment for courses, activities through online services...

If you can't use cash in society, what good is having it?  What other choice do you have?

At this point in the plan, no one has direct access to "their" money.  In fact, "money" will not exist at all...it will all be electronic transactions.  (Like checking today---whereas it used to be the physical check you wrote went into a bank who physically sent it to another bank ...and the "cancelled" check was physically returned to you as proof of payment)...

At any time in the future then, your in-bank/in-system money can disappear.  "Too big to fail" banks (a phrase that was coined, imo, just for people to be able to accept) CAN fail... and the money disappears with them.  Your money. My money.

Also on the docket of this progress is to limit the amount of money you can use or...in the meantime withdraw.  If they take this authority, what's to keep them from allowing you to buy food and fuel?  It's rationing technologically.

Many people are pushing the purchase of gold and silver... "tangible" assets they say.  That won't work either.  Who IRL will be able to analyze and accept gold or silver from you?  If the holding company has it... you don't  really...and if you have it in hand... to whom are you going to sell it, with what can you buy with it?  (Let me insert something to say that even God has warned that "people will throw their gold and silver in the streets because it has no value".  That's a pretty big clue, to me.)

It's been talked about on this and other websites how we--- van dwellers--- need to create and use our barter systems.  I think that is the way to go.   Many do not have any room in their rolling homes to store things to trade though.
What can you stock up on that you won't need that someone else might?   If the barter system is in full force, we'll all know these things?

Bible prophecy experts: Jack van Impe
 Perry Stone 
Sid Roth
Another world view and current events site: Michael Youssef
One secular place you can trust as much as anyone these days is here : Zero Hedge

We lost control of the internet under President Obama.  The USA no longer has full control.  World power people can take the internet down at will, and at the very least limit what you can read (sound familiar to some countries now?)

The social networks are also controlled severely right now.  If you don't know, twitter and face book are heavily censored and with more and more "hate speech" (by their definition anything against the NWO plan) people are becoming used to the interventions by the powers that be.  Wiki is hugely editted and often gives misinformation and non-historical history (changing in words from what really occurred).  

Don't plan on having (if you even do now) access to the internet or your cellular phone working for information.

Inform yourself now, make some decent, sane plans, and then rest in that you have done all that you can.

* As many of you know I have a strong faith in God and His Word.  No offense to anyone... God's love is a free gift and it's offered to you, not shoved down your throat.  But do consider God if you find yourself in that "foxhole".  It's hope for you.

The good news for believers is that we were told about these end times events... and can read about them...and we know the ending because we read the Book to the end!   We are not told to stock up or prepare, but to look up for redemption.  In all of the history of the Word the people were warned and then told what to do, but not about the end times.  Warned but not given instructions to fear or stock up but to look up...   the best preparation for all this evil is Good.

Replies welcomed of course!  BUT please address the TOPIC of the cashless society issue, not the religious nature of the hope of believers I gave, okay?

Some thoughts for further chatting?

What are you going to do, or have done... share some if you wish.
 Do you think a barter system could include some of the "money" system the world has now?
What are some other ideas not listed here?
How big of a van dweller "society" group will be safe? How will it communicate with each other?
 Do you have back up plans with some of your "close" van dwelling friends?

It may sound a bit tin foil hattish, but the current issue of NEWSMAX has a cover story devoted to The Cashless Society.  Interesting read.  You can probably find it at your local Barnes & Noble until the next issue comes out around May 1st.

We (wife & I) went to the cash/debit card only method back in 2010 after my retirement. Mostly to get control of our transition from a variable paycheck to a fixed income. It was amazing how much we were able to save by simply watching the pennies & impulse buying. They have been pushing this for years, taking us off the gold standard & using credit we have become mostly a cashless society, what value is there in a wallet full of green backs if there is no actual value in them. Rewards, miles, coupons, loyalty or whatever you call them, lull us into a belief that we are still in control. We give up our privacy for the convenience of plastic.

The other day my wife who has stellar credit, (me not so much) came home with a smile. She had been shopping at Kohl's for newer spring clothes. The clerk had convinced her that by opening an account she could save money. She relented made her purchases (8 outfits) $230 but she saved $50 because of the discounts. She isn't a big spender normally, but the savings was too great to pass up. She said, 'I've never bought me that many clothes at one time.' Yep, they got her! I'm not begrudging her the outfits, or card but now they have a venue into her spending habits & I'm sure we'll be getting more mailers as time goes on. Also, how many other retails will be privy to that information.

There was an article on MSN this morning about the online retailers' little tricks that they have at their disposal. Prices fluctuate during the day almost hourly, demand & timing & basing your potential purchase on your tracked spending habits algorithm they use. They have the capabilities to raise & lower the prices on vending machines based upon the temp & activity. I use the list feature on Amazon all the time. The prices go up, they go down, one in particular was a canopy I was thinking about. All the sudden the price dropped, turns out Walmart had the same item at a lower price, Amazon's new price was $.01 cheaper.

We order frequently from Schwan's good frozen food, but at a price. Convenient home delivery (we the lazy Americans). I included an item we usually order. It was on 'special' for a $1 off. I ordered 2, but when I checked out they showed I was paying the full price, (?). I went ahead & kept going. I questioned the driver the next day about it. He wanted to refund me the $2, which I said 'no' I didn't want him to foot the bill. I sent an email to Schwans, questioning them about it. About a week later I got an apology with a $5 credit on my next order. We've been customers for 10+ years now so I'm sure there was enough overcharges to cover the $5.

One thing I learned van-dwelling:

If you hang around with a group of van dwellers long enough, you will find that conspiracy theories of all sorts are pretty commonplace amongst us. This is probably not all that surprising, since we van-campers (especially the younger folks) are by nature rebellious and anti-social, and many in our ranks are enthusiastic evangelists for fringe political ideologies from either the left or the right (if you listen long enough to extremists from both ends of the political spectrum, it is remarkable how much alike they both sound, even though they can’t stand each other). So you are apt to hear every possible crank Internet meme coming from True Believers—everything from “UN black helicopters are gonna put us all in FEMA camps!!” to “the government imploded the World Trade Center!!” It’s just one of many reasons why so much of the ordinary public thinks van-dwellers are . . . well . . . a little bit nutty.

Me, I just shrug at them all.

For sure when I first started reading (myself) about these things "coming in the future" back in the late '60s they were "tinfoil hattish"!!!  Not now.   George Orwell's 1984...  we all need to read it again?

Yes...  tracking is another of the globalist's plans.   I know the previous administration tried and failed at demanding no one live in a truly "mobile" home...  that everyone have a solid place of domicile (even tied down mobile homes were targetted.)  But is it that far off when someone gets their way on these things?  Plus look at "all" the incidents we heard and read about of people having their own gardens and were jailed and or fined for sharing or even having one where it wasn't "allowed".    Food will drive people to comply.  

I spent the money and put a new tag onto my car...  now to get it started  hahaha  BUT that old car DOES NOT HAVE a black box or any of that electronic tracking/shut off like all of the new vehicles (including especially my 2017 Ford transit).  So IDK why I did that... any way  OT.

There are few non-toll major highways.... that read your license plate and bill you if you don't have an electronic "pass" to go through.  The smaller roads are always easy to block or survey you through....  but I must admit I got chills both times I went through the near EL PASO I-10 check points!   In the USA!  A major highway just commandeered.  So easy.

With the availability of drones... (I owned one myself for a week or so)...  anyone can spy upon anyone.  If WE have this... we know the powers that be have all they need for all of it.  (I remind of the big computer complex in Utah is it? I need to learn that!...  That computer system can PROCESS 6000 items PER PERSON in the world (nearing 7 Billion people) PER SECOND.  I can't even think 2 items at once.)
There will be no escaping if they want to find you...

Even here on the web... even this site...  notice the ads?  They are tracking you for each thing you search.   I use a VPN yet I still get these.  Interesting eh?    Not to mention they track internet addresses to the nth remote.  Having just one is a piece of cake to them, to track.

To go "off the grid" these days takes more than the average van dweller can accomplish... but they cannot even share how they did it (if they have) because then they are back on the grid!   And one really can't know if they aren't on some satellite scan...   (I'm wondering about a Bear Grisly scenario here hahaha)

Once they remove cash from us... well then we'll all be track-able.   One would have to have a solar power set up and an electric car to begin with.. to "van dwell". and I doubt that exists yet?!

Humans are creatures of habit.   What we eat is case in point!   The average person eats the same 16 foods regularly.

I guess one could keep track of things they do "all the time" or "always" and then make a list for future in how to totally change from those ways, to avoid ... to avoid ... WHAT?

Aye there's the rub.  WHAT do you want to avoid in the future...what action or whom?  Plan accordingly then?

Having gone through Hurricane Andrew and watching and listening and all about FEMA...  those camps were not far fetched at all!   It was impossible living for those who did get a FEMA mobile home.... many "unbelievable" stories that were told by "all" who were part of those stories!  

The set ups by the national guard were atrocious as well...  with even typhoid being found because of non-hygienic conditions in the compounds.  But people had no houses in which to live (80,000 residences, many with extended families living there were destroyed).  They had no place to go and were stuck under Guard literally, relying upon the system for food, water, health...shelter?

FEMA is not our main problem, but having seen how administration used it...  it's a concern for sure.

Preppers and van-lifers/dwellers/nomads have a lot in common. I see this kind of conversation a lot over on one of the prepper boards. I think it's a really possibility, a real potential problem and pretty darn scary stuff. I use my CC a lot but mostly because it's safer if it's compromised, but I always have some emergency cash and have some back-up precious metals in reserve.

I know this isn't quite the subject but a fellow member on that prepper forum went through and survived the economic collapse in Argentina. The one thing he said he'd wished he'd invested more in was gold and silver to get out of the country. Even without paper cash, gold and silver are still worth something and can grease some palms.

I personally don't believe in all the conspiracy stuff. I don't think anyone's doing any population control and if they are they're doing a horrible job at it, don't believe there's a new world order etc. What I do believe is if you want to know the answer behind anything, it's almost always money. Someone's insatiable desire to get more money. The mortgage crisis was just that, people trying to get more money, it blew up on them. Laws are passed for money, corps lobby the politicians, the politicians pass their agendas, which are catered towards them making more money. Dont believe there are any underlying evil plans on humanity other than the evil that is produced as a bi product of someone making more money.

As far as the original post and a cashless society goes, i'm already 99.5% cashless, the only cash transactions i'm involved with anymore is Craigslist deals. I do have some cash on hand in case computers go down and there's a delay in the system. I also have 10oz of gold and about 50 oz of silver but that was an investment move not a fear based move.

People think the stock market is some secret world full of deceit and master plans and maybe it is behind closed doors. But it's open to anyone, so if you can't beat them, you might as well join them. Once you get to know it and how it works you'll probably find you actually like it. I've done quite well in the stock market and continue to do so. I invest on the conservative side as im not a huge risk taker. Slow and steady is the way I like to go.

I am a former resident of Havana and I understand the devastation of multiple natural disasters in Haiti.  Dictators bring a different light to the concept of cashless.

I have been hearing about the cash-less economy for as long as I can remember. I do not believe this is actually going to happen until the very large underclass somehow is permitted to have banking without the large fees associated with it.

Even these new prepaid cards that some employers are trying to push on the low end employees as payment in payroll are not gaining traction. Many States Attorneys General have determined they amount to wage theft, and require the employer to get enrollment approval before they can do this to an employee.

Anyway, too many people live cash only....because they have no real choice. Giving away a healthy hunk of your pay for the "privilege " of not having cash is a non-starter.

Every Road Leads Home said:
I personally don't believe in all the conspiracy stuff.  I don't think anyone's doing any population control and if they are they're doing a horrible job at it, don't believe there's a new world order etc.  What I do believe is if you want to know the answer behind anything, it's almost always money.  Someone's insatiable desire to get more money.  The mortgage crisis was just that, people trying to get more money, it blew up on them.  Laws are passed for money, corps lobby the politicians, the politicians pass their agendas, which are catered towards them making  more money.  Dont believe there are any underlying evil plans on humanity other than the evil that is produced as a bi product of someone making more money.  

this.

and why in the hell wouldn't we want to control population growth? And who is pushing against it? we already have perpetual unemployment and land prices through the damn roof. It seems like they want a crowded planet full of helpless slaves.

DrJean said:
There are countless articles now by very knowledgeable experts and futurists that share the current situation with the world and money and the globalist push towards a cashless society---world.

It's almost here folks...  yeah   doomsday post?*

I'm not an expert but I have kept in touch with how things are progressing in this vein...well... since 1967 actually...

The way things are now in the USA and the way globalists want them soon are not far apart.

When the "banks failed" a few years back--which was all plotted and planned for through the mortgage giving to those who could not possibly afford a home--it was the "investors" that took the hit.  The powers-that-be (you can assert whomever you wish to this title, it doesn't matter to me nor IRL I think at this point) took down some and tried to take down others who were "too big" and/or wouldn't comply with the global plan (another way to call NWO - New World Order, but again, call this what you wish).

The next major bank "fail" they will take common citizen's monies.

Part of the scenario is this:

Those powers that be insist that we don't need paper money (well, they have been saying that for years)...but that the larger bills, especially the $100 and $50 and some include the $20, are unnecessary and allow... mmm pick a main problem and they'll say it....say, drug dealers... allow drug dealers to launder money and do business too easily so there's a need to remove these big bills from the society altogether.

Doing this will also preclude most people from moving large sums of their own money FROM a bank into cash-in-hand.

Just try today...to cash a large check or withdraw large amount from your own account.  For one thing, due to the "Patriot Act" anything of $5,000 or more requires the bank to notify the government of what you have done!  (Remember, the powers that be will use any excuse to get the public on-board...safety, environment... think!)  If you do happen to have a large check mailed to you (snail mail) like an insurance reimbursement for one, rather than direct deposited...right now, generally, you have to go into the bank and show 2 forms of photo ID and verify with a bank manager who tells you whether or not he/she can access that right now (from the vault?)   I have always been surprised at this.

You will be less able to go get even say $500 cash from your account if you have to get it in $10s and $5s...or so that is the mindset.  How will people who want to be "invisible" carry any large amount of cash this way?  Nope.... gotta get creative and plan for this...

The MAIN plan is thus:

No one will have cash.  The move to allow ATMs to accept your credit card is right in sync with this.  More and more citizenry are accepting of using plastic, their smartphones, their computers to handle their monetary transactions.
The paychecks, social security (already this is a must) and all income will be direct deposited. You will not see any money.   Billing and bill paying will be done through technology, again you will not see any money, nor checks.  The convenience is already here for this and most are comfortable with it.

The pressure will be for businesses to not accept cash.  I'm sure you've seen some place like this... "for safety reasons" right?  Even non-profits or memberships are asking for prepayment for courses, activities through online services...

If you can't use cash in society, what good is having it?  What other choice do you have?

At this point in the plan, no one has direct access to "their" money.  In fact, "money" will not exist at all...it will all be electronic transactions.  (Like checking today---whereas it used to be the physical check you wrote went into a bank who physically sent it to another bank ...and the "cancelled" check was physically returned to you as proof of payment)...

At any time in the future then, your in-bank/in-system money can disappear.  "Too big to fail" banks (a phrase that was coined, imo, just for people to be able to accept) CAN fail... and the money disappears with them.  Your money. My money.

Also on the docket of this progress is to limit the amount of money you can use or...in the meantime withdraw.  If they take this authority, what's to keep them from allowing you to buy food and fuel?  It's rationing technologically.

Many people are pushing the purchase of gold and silver... "tangible" assets they say.  That won't work either.  Who IRL will be able to analyze and accept gold or silver from you?  If the holding company has it... you don't  really...and if you have it in hand... to whom are you going to sell it, with what can you buy with it?  (Let me insert something to say that even God has warned that "people will throw their gold and silver in the streets because it has no value".  That's a pretty big clue, to me.)

It's been talked about on this and other websites how we--- van dwellers--- need to create and use our barter systems.  I think that is the way to go.   Many do not have any room in their rolling homes to store things to trade though.
What can you stock up on that you won't need that someone else might?   If the barter system is in full force, we'll all know these things?

Bible prophecy experts: Jack van Impe
 Perry Stone 
Sid Roth
Another world view and current events site: Michael Youssef
One secular place you can trust as much as anyone these days is here : Zero Hedge

We lost control of the internet under President Obama.  The USA no longer has full control.  World power people can take the internet down at will, and at the very least limit what you can read (sound familiar to some countries now?)

The social networks are also controlled severely right now.  If you don't know, twitter and face book are heavily censored and with more and more "hate speech" (by their definition anything against the NWO plan) people are becoming used to the interventions by the powers that be.  Wiki is hugely editted and often gives misinformation and non-historical history (changing in words from what really occurred).  

Don't plan on having (if you even do now) access to the internet or your cellular phone working for information.

Inform yourself now, make some decent, sane plans, and then rest in that you have done all that you can.

* As many of you know I have a strong faith in God and His Word.  No offense to anyone... God's love is a free gift and it's offered to you, not shoved down your throat.  But do consider God if you find yourself in that "foxhole".  It's hope for you.

The good news for believers is that we were told about these end times events... and can read about them...and we know the ending because we read the Book to the end!   We are not told to stock up or prepare, but to look up for redemption.  In all of the history of the Word the people were warned and then told what to do, but not about the end times.  Warned but not given instructions to fear or stock up but to look up...   the best preparation for all this evil is Good.

Replies welcomed of course!  BUT please address the TOPIC of the cashless society issue, not the religious nature of the hope of believers I gave, okay?

Some thoughts for further chatting?

What are you going to do, or have done... share some if you wish.
 Do you think a barter system could include some of the "money" system the world has now?
What are some other ideas not listed here?
How big of a van dweller "society" group will be safe? How will it communicate with each other?
 Do you have back up plans with some of your "close" van dwelling friends?

Excellent and timely post, thanks.

Regardless of how our society evolves, for my husband and me it boils down to this:

We can only write so many letters to the powers that be.

We can only attend so many rallies.

We can only donate a limited amount of time and money to the causes we deem worthy.

And after all of that, we can only say that we've done what we can, shrug and hand it over to the kids. Phew! What a relief! Most of this will not impact our lives materially since we won't be around.

Ted

Some quotes from the NEWSMAX article:

A Vice-President from the Mises Institute (which I, personally, don't consider to be a tin-foil hat type organization)  reports that In Switzerland, no one can pay more than a thousand Swiss francs in one transaction in cash.  Want to buy a Swiss watch?  You can't buy it for cash anymore.

France has a similar one thousand Euro limit on cash transactions.  Germany considered it as well, but it was too controversial there.  Germans make about 80% of their purchases with cash.

Last November 8th, the Prime Minister of India suddenly declared that his country's two largest notes, the 500 rupee and 1000 rupee (worth about $7.50 and $15.00 respectively) were no longer legal tender.  These notes accounted for about 86% of India's cash economy.  He said it was to combat "corruption and terrorism".  There were long bank lines as people tried to exchange these bills for smaller denominations, but it turns out that there weren't enough smaller bills to go around.  Protests erupted, and there were several reports of deaths.

That Mises Institute Vice President says that "The global war on cash is remarkably well coordinated" and he blamed it on an "anti cash Axis" composed of "national governments, international bureaucracies, establishment media outlets and especially gigantic multinational banks."

There is something called "The Better Than Cash Alliance".  Mastercard, Visa, and Citi Foundation are all members.  All three figure to make more money from transaction fees if people are only allowed to purchase things digitally.  25 countries are also members.  Forcing people to pay digitally allows them to track every trnsaction so they can squeeze out every tax dollar they think they are owed.

It's a really good article.

More on the Better than Cash Alliance on Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Than_Cash_Alliance

In India, some women who tried to save a little money for themselves and the children (often from spendthrift husbands) were hit hard (both figuratively and literally) when the cash they had either was made worthless or when they had to turn it in for lower denominations in their tiny village, where everyone's business is their own.

How dare anyone save cash for a rainy day and/or putting food in their mouths versus alcohol and gambling!

No good deed goes unpunished.
Ted

I guess beggars will have to have the cell phones that have card readers. Spare change went to can you spare a couple of bucks, to how many credits can you spare.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
Some quotes from the NEWSMAX article:

I consider "Newsmax" to be about as reliable a source as "The National Enquirer" or "InfoWars".

lenny flank said:
I consider "Newsmax" to be about as reliable a source as "The National Enquirer" or "InfoWars".

I have no doubt that I feel the same way about MSNBC or wherever you're getting your leftist propaganda I mean "news" from.

This is supposed to be politics free zone, so let's both just let it go . . .

Oh goodie, we're allowed to talk politics now!!   :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.