They want to monitor us inside our vehicles by 2026

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the general subject is worth discussing, even if I have strong doubts about the story and consider it clickbait. To reinforce someone else, Youtube, and Ticktok, and Facebook, and... all that, is a poor source for accurate news anyway. Too many folks are either too trusting or too lazy to fact check.

On the social responsibility aspect... I have no problem with cameras in public spaces, background checks before purchasing weapons, and breathalyzers installed in vehicles - especially for known and repeat DUI offenders. If they want to add attention detraction monitors and other safety measures, that's OK too.If we are OK with seat belts to protect our lives, what about all those other people we share the road with? We are all capable of killing innocent men, women, and children all too quickly in today's world. Back when the US Constitution was framed it took a real effort and purpose to commit a single murder - let alone multiple murders!

I think the discussion and different points of view warrant keeping the thread. The first post is merely an example of what ended up being discussed. It's been an informative and respectful debate and discussion overall.

Based solely on some of the individuals I know...
...gadgets like that will last about two shakes before getting hacked.
Immediately thereafter, spoofers will hit market...
...reluctantly followed by AI-generated press-releases expressing Indignation! and Outrage! by the Honorable Members Of Congress..
... followed by a series of all-encompassing new laws to address the crisis...
... immediately followed by AI-generated memes ridiculing whistle-blowers after they reveal our esteemed congress-critters voted themselves exempt.

Disclaimer:
I glanced at the originating post.
I instantly doubted the veracity.
I have zero interest in reading the thread.
But, apparently, I can find time in my busy schedule to poke some fun at 'skeered silly' posts.
Who knew.

Based solely on some of the individuals I know...
...gadgets like that will last about two shakes before getting hacked.
Immediately thereafter, spoofers will hit market...
...reluctantly followed by AI-generated press-releases expressing Indignation! and Outrage! by the Honorable Members Of Congress..
... followed by a series of all-encompassing new laws to address the crisis...
... immediately followed by AI-generated memes ridiculing whistle-blowers after they reveal our esteemed congress-critters voted themselves exempt.

Disclaimer:
I glanced at the originating post.
I instantly doubted the veracity.
I have zero interest in reading the thread.
But, apparently, I can find time in my busy schedule to poke some fun at 'skeered silly' posts.
Who knew.
And based solely on my experience... I had an alcoholic roommate that managed to accumulate multiple DUIs and had a breathalyzer installed as ordered by the court. He was an admitted alcoholic and had no intention or desire to change. Nor did the higher insurance rates or the chance of killing someone deter him. However, the breathalyzer did work and kept him out from behind the wheel when he was drinking. It even went on the fritz occasionally when he wasn't drinking and I pointed out this was just another punishment for his bad behavior. :)

I am sure there are folks out there that would figure out how to beat the system, but the average idiot that is willing to drive impaired? Not so much. I'll take the reduced but not 100% chance that people like that are off the road.

Happy Camper wrote:

The road will tell you you're too sleepy when you ride.

Or a tree.

Yeah, I know what falling asleep at the handlebars is like. I was doing it on I-41 in Indiana riding towards Elkhart. Found an overpass to stop under and climbed up under the overpass road where there was room to lay down and sleep for awhile. Started raining an hour later for about 6 hours and no one hassled me.

Happy Camper wrote:

Yeah, I know what falling asleep at the handlebars is like. I was doing it on I-41 in Indiana riding towards Elkhart. Found an overpass to stop under and climbed up under the overpass road where there was room to lay down and sleep for awhile. Started raining an hour later for about 6 hours and no one hassled me.
That's the only good thing about MC, you can hide better. We shouldn't have to hide if the un considers sleep deprivation cruel punishment, shouldn't (we the people) be allowed to rest especially when it literally is a matter of public safety. It's obvious if you can't afford hotel, camp site or opt out of traditional resting options you're them people.

That's the only good thing about MC, you can hide better. We shouldn't have to hide if the un considers sleep deprivation cruel punishment, shouldn't (we the people) be allowed to rest especially when it literally is a matter of public safety. It's obvious if you can't afford hotel, camp site or opt out of traditional resting options you're them people.
We the people will probably think you're dead if you take a nap next to your motorcycle on the side of the road. And I for one would want a little more shelter during sleep, even for a 15 minute nap.

That's not hiding. That's common sense. Relax on the them/us narrative on something so simple.

There are too many people trying to tell "their truth" to the masses. It's been happening for decades, but now we have the Internet and social media.
Don't be shy... "truth" is not what they are telling and they know it. However, the BS tends to be picked up and repeated by others who actually do!

Mods might want to delete this thread. Or not. Advertising clickbait seems silly. I saw this video previously and ignored it, expecting that reputable (multiple) news sources would cover it if there was an actual story.
The video should be deleted anyway.