The Golden BB.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another good read about healing through diet is "How not to Die' by Michael Greger, a lot of good science, basically a plant based diet but he goes into a lot of detail on the 15 major killers, cardiovascular diseases, cancers etc how to reverse them by eating certain foods and shows the science behind it. Interesting stuff, go well

I recently got kicked in the butt by someone that thought I needed it. (For some strange reason) no names, (cough cough Beth cough) 

It jumped started my brain, and made me realize that I need to let go and live.  

I wish I could make it to RTR, but the time is better spent starting other fires.  I have always been better at long range plans. 

Long range is to save enough to get a high top.  That will not happen supporting my adult children.  Three more months ~~~  Then I can roam free and save money.

Awesome news John, and thanks Beth for giving him a kick in the rear. Find a high top near me and I'll help you install it. Your place is still saved in the driveway.

masterplumber said:
Awesome news John, and thanks Beth for giving him a kick in the rear. Find a high top near me and I'll help you install it. Your place is still saved in the driveway.

I would rather not put a high top on this short van.  I still have more room than tools,

Ah, I must have misunderstood your previous post about looking for a high top. I was thinking it would be hard to find anything much higher than a TV top for your short van. So are you thinking of getting a whole different van?

That would be a better alternative.  There is no easy way to stretch this one out.   :p

I will start saving and looking.  The right one will come along.   I have learned a lot, so it is money well invested.  I have found a few within a days drive for around 3K, so they are out there. 

I save up a couple thousand, and sell this loaded for 2 K, I can start over with a better platform.  I still can do the electrical, so I have a tradeable skill.

:) Yay! That is great news about you becoming mobile again.  I am so happy for you.  Queenie sez you can take her 6mo half wild born in the woods Tom Kat with you for company for Tigger.  Watch for her PM.

Best Wishes   TJB and Queenie

I went out this morning, after letting the van sit for 36 hours, and saw coolant on the ground.   :mad:

The radiator is only leaking when it is cold.   :huh:

Rock Auto to the rescue.  $100.04 delivered.  O'Rileys wanted 195.00 + tax for the same one. 

http://www.rockauto.com/?ref=logo

Yay! How fantastic for you! (The being able to get on the road again, not the radiator leaking. :p )

I'm so glad things have changed for you in this positive way. :)

:( Well after all the doctoring at the local stroke care center ~~~ I was told that they are unable to find out what is happening.  I have referals to Johns Hopkins, and Barnes Jewish  in St Louis.

With the current administration in power, I have no chance of my Medicare covering enough for me to have  co~pay I can afford.  

Lately there have been other mini strokes, so it is best I do not go on any long trips.   I would hate to take out a bussload of nuns            (Bad karma) 

I have accepted it.  I have had a fun life.  Lots of real good stories.   :cool:  

If anyone wants my help, they need to be close.  :D I will keep as active as I can.

I think you should go ahead with Johns Hopkins and not worry about the co pay for now. My sis paid a large one back as she could and sometimes paid only ten dollars each month. Just go for it - it's your life we are talking about. Not some car debt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rvpopeye said:
Hang in there .
We'd miss ya too much!
+ tons!

At least find out what the costs are going to be, please!

Don't give up that easily John, where there's a will there's a way!

i have lost all faith in doctors for multiple very good reasons,misdiagnosis or no diagnosis of very serious conditions

i would question if you are having strokes,from my experience strokes smack you down hard,keep searching

Sorry to hear, take care and wish you all the best.

Sometimes... when things are bleak,  all we can offer is some advice with good humor:

Never give up, Never Surrender!  Activate the Omega 13!

Best wishes...  and I hope you figure this out and beat it... whatever is happening.

The many times I have seen you offer help and advice has been heartening. I am not that far from you and have no set in stone itinerary and if there is help I can offer it would be a pleasure to make a short trip to Mo.

Whatever you do I wish you nothing but the best.

Rob

Gary68 said:
i have lost all faith in doctors for multiple very good reasons,misdiagnosis or no diagnosis of very serious conditions

i would question if you are having strokes,from my experience strokes smack you down hard,keep searching

There are different sizes of strokes.  The MRI of my brain showed a lot of white "scar tissue" spots of varying size.  I have seen enough specalists to trust their diagnosis.  They just do not know the cause. If they do find it, it is doubtfull that it can be corrected without dangerous surgery.  Right now I am deciding on the balance between quality and quantity.  I wish I had a couple mill to realy live in quality.   :D

I have had enough radiation run through my body to power Quartzsite during snowbird season.

Latest posts