The Fat Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonus pic

cold war era electronics and the mouse nest that was below it,anyone want this or just scrap?
001_10.jpg

I love that green carpet looking stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a little over 2 weeks,2 bottles of mucinex,a box of theraflu,3 boxes of tissues,2 gallons of oj,2 bags of cough drops,some garlic,some oregano oil and one raw nose,i almost got the fridge out

001_11.jpg

not only is it to big to get out of it's hole,it's way to big to get out the door,gonna have to strip it down to it's basic box to get it out

knew if i kept digging i would find a leak
vent above fridge
002_7.jpg

from the outside
003_8.jpg

found a hole for a stove pipe???

now where it gets weird
the aluminum panel i painted
004_7.jpg

??? i guess the new paint softened the old paint and the freeze froze it off or something like that

bonus video

what can i say,this guy wins,finds the body of an old ferrari in a barn and proceeds to build what just might be my singular favorite car,just awesome

[video=youtube]

be careful taking that refer apart. the absorption refers use ammonia for refrigerant. I enjoy your posts, I want to see you keep posting. highdesertranger

there is a van just like yours in my neighborhood in San Jose. One of the side windows is boarded up with plywood. I believe someone is living in it. The size seems perfect for one person.

VICTORY IS MINE

001_12.jpg

has to jig saw it out of its hole then strip the mounts off and it just squeezed through the back door

on a side note.the neighbor i had help me was talking how he might get a late 90's suburban to build as a mud rig and it has a 5.7 and he just wanted the running gear/frame and a bigger motor so i asked if a 400 would do? and he seemed to think it would,so we will see what happens

some more destructo pics

001_13.jpg

the wood is soaked,the gob of silicon from someone trying to seal it from the inside,note the 110 wire just fiberglassed in

004_8.jpg

plenty of condensation,on the right whats left of the headknocker pad above the door that has 1/2" of rock hard epoxy holding it on,gonna have to saw and drill and chip it away

002_8.jpg

while wet the floor is solid so far,old battery box with plans on turning it into a little safe

005_5.jpg

not much holding the stove up and a lot of wasted space,i could move the stove but cant (without cutting a new vent hole) move the hood

Gary68 said:
some more destructo pics

001_13.jpg

the wood is soaked,the gob of silicon from someone trying to seal it from the inside,note the 110 wire just fiberglassed in

(cut)

Gary,

Thanks a bunch for posting those pics.  I was starting to feel like the lone idiot doing all of the wrecking ball work that I'm doing in my build vs. waiting years to buy something in more pristine shape.  I feel better now.  Not sure if that's because I feel more "normal" or just that there might be other idiots. ;-)

Tom

Vagabound said:
Gary,

Thanks a bunch for posting those pics.  I was starting to feel like the lone idiot doing all of the wrecking ball work that I'm doing in my build vs. waiting years to buy something in more pristine shape.  I feel better now.  Not sure if that's because I feel more "normal" or just that there might be other idiots. ;-)

Tom

i am one of those idiots that like to do things himself but i knew exactly what i was getting into,the only thing that hasn't gone to plan was not finding the $800 blow motor,moldy interior version because i knew i was going to gut it and not winning the lottery

so far so good in my book,i am more than happy with the shape the rv is in,a 30k rv is still plastic/particle board crap just with a rotten slideout included

"while wet the floor is solid so far"

i blame keyboard interweb things,the proof reading is on me though

Gary68 said:
i am one of those idiots that like to do things himself but i knew exactly what i was getting into

so far so good in my book,i am more than happy with the shape the rv is in ...

There are many forms of Hell in life. However, one of the worst, is a man without a project. So I guess we should be happy that we don't have that problem.

Tom

took some measurements
interior,6'3" height,7' width
exterior,7'3" width,18'6" length

the last of the shag
001_2_1.jpg

the linoleum convinced me to let it stay
002_1_2.jpg

future battery box
010.jpg

on to this mess,the 110 i can just cut but want to get the wire harness out whole,theres enough there for all the new wiring,goes behind the bathroom
005_1_1.jpg

and comes out above the back door with i dont know how many mounts behind mixed in with the marker light and tail lght wires
007_2.jpg

bathroom and sink #3
008_1.jpg

bonus pic

found a little 16" bar and chain tucked away
011.jpg

has a guys name and phone # on it,might give it a call

Gary68 said:
bonus pic

found a little 16" bar and chain tucked away

has a guys name and phone # on it,might give it a call

I think you should. There might be an interesting story behind it. I always like to learn the history of things I buy if it's possible.

Tom

I sure enjoy all the pix!

I enjoy reading each new addition to your thread!

I am about to start a major demo job too. Except my build is starting in way worse condition. But, I am glad I didn't pay for all the stuff I would be tossing out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.