The Fat Van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bonus pic

why i cant get a straight on shot
013.jpg

next winter firewood

I think standing on top of those piles should give us some nice viewing angles...

that looks like it came out really nice. good job. nice pile of firewood. highdesertranger

spent an evening wire brushing and sanding the grill and about an hour to tape it off

the rad is 3 or more core(prior owner just replaced at a cost of $1064) so 3 new rads,everything should stay cool except for myself.ac didnt work and hasnt for a while acording to records so it went to the scap pile

looks like i need to remove the fan shroud to get to belts,ect. and remove ac compressor

BradKW said:
I think standing on top of those piles should give us some nice viewing angles...

003.jpg

west
004.jpg

south
001_1.jpg

camera caught the rain

east
006.jpg

north
005.jpg

woops,looks like if you move to different album it breaks the link
002_1_1.jpg

003_6.jpg

Gary, I may have missed it but what is the tarp cover for?

I just read through your build and I love it! Great job so far, it is going to be a great rig!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dennis said:
Gary, I may have missed it but what is the tarp cover for?

cheap insurance,i dont know what shape the window,marker light seals are in after 40 years
it is commonplace here in oregon to tarp a rv,there is no stopping the sky water

Baloo said:
I just read through your build and I love it! Great job so far, it is going to be a great rig!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hey man,your skills are far beyond mine so feel free to chime in anytime you see me ready to blow myself up :D

For some reason I thought the tarp might have something to do with water. I may have to get another one.

anyone know what this says about my water heater? the water was clean and clear
001_9.jpg

That says its doing its job......That crud on there is calcium etc taken out of the water. It will eventually eat the whole rod. Then you will replace it with a new one. On my trailer I bought, the rod was down to about 1/4 inch. Replaced it and its starting to eat it again.

Not much. That is the anode rod, it is designed to attract contaminants and corrode first so that the rest of the tank doesn't corrode as quickly. It's doing its job. An anode that is totally used up will be a withered little pitted stick. But, while you have it out you may as well replace it. Hose out inside the tank first.

just not familiar enough to know if it was all normal or something funky going on

expecting our first freezing temps and have everything drained and open but was thinking about the pump
would poping off the line and blowing clear out any water or should i hot wire it and let it pump for a sec???

Gary68 said:
anyone know what this says about my water heater? the water was clean and clear

That is a still a nearly new anode rod.  It is sacrificial metal to protect the tank.  I carry a spare and check mine twice a year.  You will know when to replace it as it will be down to a steel rod showing.  A couple of wraps of teflon tape before reinstalling.  A wand like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/29764286...75035&wl11=online&wl12=29764286&wl13=&veh=sem
 for getting most of the calcium out of the tanks works well.

welp,we will just call it an executive decision

004_6.jpg

005_4.jpg

006_4.jpg

cant get the paneling off until i take the window mounts off and i dont want to break the seals on the windows until dryish weather

1977 fridge,it's outa here,worth trying to find someone that wants it or just scrap it?
002_6.jpg

003_7.jpg

beyond the energy and efficiency issues,it sticks out about 5 inches and i'm tired of hitting it and turning sideways to get past
007.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.