The Fat Van rides again

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BradKW said:
Too hot, Too cold... what ever happened to Git-R-Done??

Looking good though!   :)

old,fat and broken,thought i lost 7lbs but then i hydrated and back at 230lbs then i broke,joint pain,then a mystery poison oakish rash on my thigh and calf???

at least i can keep a build thread going :p

NTmGje6.jpg

GGnTlaa.jpg

jacked up the top right corner by like 3 inches??? no excuse,cut it right and added 3" on the bottom.most likely will be covered anyways

what you are looking at is
the walls-1/2" sanded birch plywood with 2 kinda thick layers of clear satin polyurethane,then sand with 220 and then a 3rd finish layer of poly
the bathroom is cladded in 1/4 sanded plywood with 3 coats poly

use satin/flat/matte polyurethane,you probably dont want a high gloss interior

now i need to switch gears and do cab surface rust clean up while the weather is dry

but wez gots walls

Lack of square is the very definition of renovation.

I always claimed the true art of renovation is actually the art of camouflage. Hiding that corner that is neither square nor level requires splitting the difference and covering the area that would be too obvious.

you can say that again,when possible i am bringing things to square but the walls are not square to the floor so when i box things up i will have to cut at an angle to match

"A good carpenter is one that can best hide mistakes"
Old carpenter proverb...........

Gary68 said:
you can say that again,when possible i am bringing things to square but the walls are not square to the floor so when i box things up i will have to cut at an angle to match

Deja Vu all over again.

I cut things square, just oversized, then draw the angled line I need and shave it down the line with a belt sander. It's usually less than 1/8" of material and goes pretty quick. It's amazing how fast a good belt sander and 120 grit paper will eat away 3/4" ply.

70 and cloudy so i hit and hit it hard and

bam
1yp0jgm.jpg

woodshed full

now i dont have to chop wood for umm...

8zXu8pj.jpg

it just never ends

Gary68 said:

Use a level instead...

There's a tool called a sliding bevel that will answer your problems,,,,,,,,,,,,,

hey,i finally finished something

K9lEBCN.jpg

hopefully this will prevent anymore mid-air splits

rust clean up

minor stuff.looks worst then it is because of factory brown primer

Ax0wfrZ.jpg

yIuN8VA.jpg

TzKP2Gg.jpg

and ewww
zJyULeA.jpg

didnt take i pic before i went at it but could see something was going on by the brushed on paint,it's a weird thing,not really that rusty,the metal behind not rusty at all,no sign of damage,not sure what it is

hit it with a grinder
BfWtEu2.jpg

gooped on some bondo hair,bondo with fibers in it
LSnRY1v.jpg

sand to shape
cq6IOFi.jpg

verdict on bondo hair,great for this type of fill but didnt want anything to do with filling small bolt holes,thick,didnt want to spread smooth

sand sand sand then tape
8DSQbkn.jpg

use primer where you sanded to metal and the two cans of gloss enamel

went from this
7vv0GvJ.jpg

to this
vX8AMvB.jpg

start of the other side tomorrow
bought myself a couple years before having to do a proper paint job

Mine looks similar , mostly the same places just worse.

I did it 4 years ago and going to have to touch it up again , hopefully before it gets too cold for the hairy stuff to harden......

That looks great Gary. I have a few spots on my rv too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk