The Fat Van rides again

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rvpopeye said:
Mine looks similar , mostly the same places just worse.

I did it 4 years ago and going to have to touch it up again , hopefully before it gets too cold for the hairy stuff to harden......

the bondo hair is basically/kinda like a fiberglass so it's going to go off

in my case it's the rains,got to fix the shop roof and general winterizing before it happens,i am going to have about 4 feet of rain falling on me so...

Fat Van SS

and to take the rattle can paint job full shadetree,i filled the holes with sikaflex

did this

AuZFQ9P.jpg

and this

r0EG92u.jpg

Not being overly familiar with vintage RVs like that, could you please tell me which part is the "Sport", and what makes it "Super"?

thanks

Whole lot of odd angles on that cupboard. Looks great but better give your brain a break. Maybe chop some wood. :)

Putts said:
Whole lot of odd angles on that cupboard. Looks great but better give your brain a break. Maybe chop some wood.  :)

RODmLTT.jpg

DjPimTN.jpg

you can see it came with 2 long ones,i cut one in half,made an end,painted black then made a door from the birch plywood
the other goes above the stove and the hood mounts to it,at full length i kept hitting my head on so they had to go,will make 4"/6"??? little shelves above the windows

i'll pass on chopping wood but do need to get some shop roof work done

BradKW said:
Not being overly familiar with vintage RVs like that, could you please tell me which part is the "Sport", and what makes it "Super"?

thanks

meet me behind the warehouses with your truck and $500 and i'll show you

but actually.400cid,4-10 gears,light weight shell,18.6 feet long,drove the backroads like my pickup except a foot wider

added a spring loaded clasp at the bottom of the door and bumper,holds in in a breeze but will have to bungie for coastal winds and such
e70JlCt.jpg

Gary68 said:
added a spring loaded clasp at the bottom of the door and bumper,holds in in a breeze but will have to bungie for coastal winds and such
e70JlCt.jpg

Got a linky for that dandy piece of hardware?

Gary, you keep making it look that good and you will not want to sell it when you are done.

jimindenver said:
Gary, you keep making it look that good and you will not want to sell it when you are done.

not planning to sell it but ya know with hipsters thinking 25k is adeal...

went to hook up the propane line to my water heater and

VQEQrvy.jpg

my little hand flare is no good with the 1/2' steel line and it looks like i will be shortening the line to the stove,so need to source a hydraulic flare

Caution- TOOOO tight, may leak! :cool:

"Short' nuts are no longer used 'cause they did that often, that looks like a "long" nut

Steel line??? Only ever saw J (soft)copper used for gas, with the exception of BI (black iron ) threaded.

jimindenver said:
Just had to man handle it didn't you? :p

thats how it was,it can apart easy,people in the past were literally playing with fire