The Fat Van rides again

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highdesertranger said:
that is cool.  someone put some time into that.  highdesertranger

Seji Taram
a1724_7.jpg

the lady on the left
https://www.novica.com/artistdetail/?faid=1724

I so want to be the first to see your Chinook when it is finished.  Lunch is on us!  How about it, Gary?

Nelda

Nelda said:
I so want to be the first to see your Chinook when it is finished.  Lunch is on us!  How about it, Gary?

Nelda

i'm planning the maiden voyage for next springs n.w. get together so we will fest then

got one side boxed up

79lDhwN.jpg

tjCYTH7.jpg

the other side is going to be more extensive,looks like i plumbed it up for a sink so it looks like i will be making drawers,just going to butt end them and skip any actual joinery

And I thought my project was huge, but its nothing compared to what you are doing.

Great job in the interior rebuild.

rvpopeye said:
Two words.................
DRAGON
WAGON

Ah MAN! That was exactly what I was going to say. Now I have to come up with something else? :rolleyes: 
Looking good & COOL Dragons. :cool:

Putts said:
Lookin' good, Gary.  What's the box on the left for? Batteries?

you got it,a couple batteries and light storage

didnt think i'd leave you hangin did ya?
just been melting my brain building the forum

to keep sane i did this

Kr8O0Vu.jpg

zt7TLiL.jpg

ZWB6fFA.jpg

those are hand built glue n screw plywood drawers there

20-25? enough for a few hot showers and if i am parked by a river...water heater is 5-7?

you know a better way to wash rocks? and plus being from oregon camping without a flowing fresh water source close by just dont compute

Absolutely love the rebuild. Looks like the big brother to my 74' Chevy hightop. I'm jealous of the extras your RV has but thankful for the maneuverability of my shorty. Looking forward to seeing this complete!

built a pantry and place for the fridge

sxYsq92.jpg

t4fepn3.jpg

the fridge all works except for the cooling,as in the cooling coils in back,they get warm at first then stop and the compressor starts to get hot,so could be moister freezing and plugging it up,a contaminant plugging it up or when i got it she had it laying on it's side so the oil could of drained into the system plugging it up,found some procedures to try just havent been in the mood but with wiring coming up,i guess i'll have to

Is it a 120v mini fridge? If so I would not think it worth the expense of repair unless there is something unique that would be hard to replace. Else wise I would look for the lowest draw mini that would fit. A 12v unit would be best if in the budget but you can find 3 ft two door minis that pull .64a at 120v. The less expensive version pulls .8a and as long as the condenser coil is in the back, you can add insulation and reduce the run time considerably.