The Fat Van rides again

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary68 said:
common rv crap build materials and quality,see through plastic and particleboard

When you get into work on or rebuilding an rv, the crap build materials becomes very apparent.
I have found this to be my experience also.

wires
tyBJlmv.jpg

lights
RNLEyfZ.jpg

8eFX3se.jpg

xb7pQNp.jpg

the water pump makes noise,the furnace fan comes on but need to pressure test the propane system before i can use things
have a run in for the fridge and this gizmo

rM3ojOP.jpg

from the HAM world called a rigrunner power distribution box,4 fuse outlet using power poles,$30 off ebay

K5oHiiL.jpg

v4uT5HK.jpg

YhBW4NU.jpg

y5aILyn.jpg

eKtd7XL.jpg

6KR37or.jpg

it was in my starter,obviously a starter gear tooth,all my starter gear teeth are there???

got burned out and tired so leaving the oil pan for the future

also made up some yarc stickers if you want one get a hold of me

nice, you have been busy. do you have to have that smog inspected? if not I would rip all that crap off there. it would be good for a couple more mpg. is that an Alpine 2 knob stereo? I can see a little cross hatch still on those cylinder walls. it appears she was running a little rich though. are you going to do a complete valve job? highdesertranger

stereo? serious? you looking at the stereo? dont know,crap 80's cassette player
crosshatch and no lip at all,cam kit is as far as i will go for a smog era 400,valves looked good enough for who they are for,should be good for another 50k+
how could it not run rich with that air cleaner on it,gooey so oil getting in,valve seals were rock hard and since i used aftermarket springs without the stock slashcaps? i used both o ring and umbrella seals,juiced the cylinders a couple times with pb blaster,cleaned with gas and then covered in oil so if there was any thing gumming up the rings it should be loosened up

got the cam and stuff installed

LOL, hell yes I am looking at the stereo. Kenwood and Alpine no longer make 2 knobs. a good stereo is the hardest part to find for old Chevy's. highdesertranger

cBx3P4H.jpg

pofkTSb.jpg

XtdnM7B.jpg

sorry but this is my last update here,i had a post deleted where i did nothing but speak the truth and i morally cant participate in a forum where the freedom to speak the truth is against the rules and eliminated,it's been real,you know where to find me,stop by and say hi,hope the best for you,Gary

Gary68 said:
sorry but this is my last update here,i had a post deleted where i did nothing but speak the truth and i morally cant participate in a forum where the freedom to speak the truth is against the rules and eliminated,it's been real,you know where to find me,stop by and say hi,hope the best for you,Gary

New engine? New drama? Not sure what happened, but, your updates will be missed.

Gary, 

I know what you mean to have a post deleted when you spent up to hours on it; but to post here, it's all or nothing on 'one' continuous time period plus 'quick' minor edits.

Are you sure you did not hit 'back' or somehow halt that unique sequence in time that can't be edited? My fat clumsy fingers are always deleting posts for me; and my first inclination is inward like you. Once you switch 'modes' here out of the current live session, it's "Hasta La Vista Baby" to your post; and there is no way to retrieve it: even if it's just for a nano second in time!

Anyway, don't give up the fight! And if you can tell the difference whether it was you or them, let me know. I just assume I'm a klutz with this unforgiving editing configuration, and have got used to retyping posts if I have the time or inclination.

highdesertranger said:
looks good.  but I am bummed.  highdesertranger

it's as easy as pushing the website button bottom left,your all welcome to stop by

highdesertranger said:
looks great Gary.  how is she running?  more power?  better mpg?  highdesertranger

front brake not exactly working so..
way better throttle response and get up and go but when you hit the brakes you take a left turn

what came out the line
DiJfEUd.jpg

lH9jzUk.jpg

D4MqRlv.jpg

RZ1AfZr.jpg

new hoses should be here soon,had to buy a $50 extended for the rear

s3EJkZY.jpg

YlCtsmh.jpg

100 year old chinese/tibetan furniture parts $15 a pair off ebay
1DukB8F.jpg

EpWhtcs.jpg

new lug nut lookin pretty