Thankful

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ggirl003

Reaction score
As I posted in the Newcomers' forum, I am married and my spouse does not understand at all why this lifestyle appeals to me. That said, even though my husband does not understand my feelings on this matter, he gave me a 45 quart Whynter 12 v fridge/freezer for Christmas. I am THRILLED. It just arrived yesterday.
I had mentioned to him that I would like to get one, but thought he would think it was an extravagant purchase and that I would not have much opportunity to use it. I would have liked to get the dual zone 65 quart, but was concerned that I would not be able to lift it by myself. The 45 quart is perfect for me.
I hope to be able to meet some of you this summer when I will have my first solo adventure.
Happy New Year everyone!

The first piece is in, now start building on that.
For me, getting a passport card last year symbolized that I was really committed.

Thanks to you all. I am gradually collecting my puzzle pieces. : )
I plan to use my small SUV in my first venture out, so I have experimented with sleeping in the back and seeing how much room I will have inside.
I have bought window shades for my back windows so that I can have the windows down for ventilation when I am parked, and have a small wood burning stove that can be used for twigs, charcoal or alcohol. 
 I am getting very excited for June to arrive so I can take the plunge.

ggirl003
I had read or heard to never burn charcoal indoors. I do not know what the specific reason, maybe some one may be more informed on the subject.
Bob

Tinman is right, never, ever burn charcoal in a stove inside a closed vehicle (or any other room).

Here's the Wikipedia article on it. Major carbon monoxide source. One of our members found a person dead in a campground this summer from using a charcoal grill in his vehicle to keep warm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charcoal-burning_suicide

Tinman74 said:
I had read or heard  to never burn charcoal indoors. 
Bob

Yes, I know not to burn charcoal inside, and plan only to use it outside. The same goes for using twigs to cook. Thanks!