Technical Q&A For Renogy Solar Products

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Renogy, my question is, if I buy a 100 watt panel and register it, then 2 years later it isn't producing it's full voltage, how do I get warranty work?

Do you have a dealer network, or do I have to ship it back to you in CA?
Bob

akrvbob said:
Renogy, my question is, if I buy a 100 watt panel and register it, then 2 years  later it isn't producing it's full voltage, how do I get warranty work?

Do you have a dealer network, or do I have to ship it back to you in CA?
Bob

Hi Bob,

You would have to contact our tech support so that they can determine if the unit is indeed defective. Once they determine it is defective, we will then send you a return label for your panel to our only location in Chino, CA. Once we receive the unit, we will ship out a replacement.

All the best,
The Renogy Team

Renogy said:
Hi BigT,

A-I: Currently, we do not have a solar panel that meets those requirements. The dimensions for our 150W solar panels are 39.5 X 39 X 1.4 In and the dimensions for our 100W panels are 47 X 21.3 X 1.4 In.

A-II: Drilling holes in the frame of the panels is perfectly fine, however any modifications to the frame will void the warranty.

A-III: If you wish to purchase a charge controller that has customizable voltage ranges, we would recommend our ViewStar charge controllers.

We hope that helped! Thank you for your questions.

All the best,
The Renogy Team

To stay within my startup budget, I selected this controller...
www.renogy-store.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=CTRL-PWM30-LCD

I've been happy with it and like the adjustability and multiple functions.
I'm calling in a few days to order another panel to add to the system.

bindi&us said:
To stay within my startup budget, I selected this controller...
www.renogy-store.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=CTRL-PWM30-LCD

I've been happy with it and like the adjustability and multiple functions.
I'm calling in a few days to order another panel to add to the system.

That is the one I have, and am well pleased with it.  

The Renogy store is in the middle of moving, and is having problems getting the phones and website access working.  Perhaps in a couple days. they will be functioning again.

Attachments

• Van solar 6.jpg
    Van solar 6.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 6
I forgot about the move...Maybe wait till next week, as I still need to put on a different roof rack.

Yup, same unit. 
Only issue was with the instructions for the settings...the paper said one thing and the online PDF said another. A call to tech support confirmed the PDF is correct. 
They were going to fix the paper but I don't know what happened. I wrote the proper info on my paper for future.

IMG_20150804_085727598.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150804_085727598.jpg
    IMG_20150804_085727598.jpg
    710.8 KB · Views: 5
BTW...that 13.5 was an early, hazy morning on the Oregon coast with laptop plugged to 75W inverter and 2 phones on USB charge.

Now that the haze is burning off we're reading a nice 14.3 with stuff still plugged in.
I could punch the buttons and see all the amp info and all that but I'm too damn lazy this morning.
Back to my coffee and eggs with a smile about having nifty green energy right here in our van :)

bindi&us said:
I forgot about the move...Maybe wait till next week, as I still need to put on a different roof rack.

Yup, same unit. 
Only issue was with the instructions for the settings...the paper said one thing and the online PDF said another. A call to tech support confirmed the PDF is correct. 
They were going to fix the paper but I don't know what happened. I wrote the proper info on my paper for future.

Hi bindi&us,

We've successfully moved to our new building yesterday. Please feel free to call us whenever you'd like.
As for the paper instructions, we're sorry about that. We're revising all of our manuals. Please refer to the ones online as they are the most updated forms. Thank you.

All the best,
The Renogy Team

dang you scared me when you said you moved, but I see you're in Ontario now. not far at all. highdesertranger

wayne49 said:
Hi,

The Renogy store shows out of stock. Any idea if or when they will be stocked?

Renogy ViewStar 30 Amp PWM Charge Controller with LCD Display (Out Of Stock)
Thanks,
Wayne[img=5x5]http://www.renogy-store.com/v/vspfiles/templates/renogy/images/clear1x1.gif[/img] http://www.renogy-store.com/v/vspfiles/photos/CTRL-PWM30-LCD-VS-2.jpg

Hi there Wayne,

The Renogy ViewStar 30A PWM Charge Controller with LCD Display will be back in stock tomorrow. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

All the best,
The Renogy Team

B and C said:
I am seeing the bendable 100W panels out of stock.

http://www.renogy-store.com/100W-12V-Lightweight-Mono-Solar-Panel-p/rng-100db.htm

I am wanting to get 2 for a solar install this fall.  When will they be back in stock?

Hi B and C,

Our 100W lightweight panels will most likely be out of stock for a few more weeks. If you'd like, we can message you once we get them in. Thank you for your question, please let us know if you have any others.

All the best,
The Renogy Team

highdesertranger said:
dang you scared me when you said you moved,  but I see you're in Ontario now.  not far at all.  highdesertranger

Hi highdesertranger,

Sorry about the belated reply, but yes, we are now in Ontario! Feel free to drop on by and visit our new building. :D

All the best,
The Renogy Team

I just ordered a 8.5x20 cargo trailer Im building into an offgrid camper/toyhauler.

Is it possible to mount 8-9 of these 100w bendable panels on the roof in parralel? I'm aiming for 750w or 45amps in direct sunlight. Thanks

The Road Less Traveled said:
Disregard last post. Found the video om yt.

Let us know if you have any other questions. We would be more than happy to help assist you however we can.

All the best,
The Renogy Team

Renogy said:
Hi B and C,

Our 100W lightweight panels will most likely be out of stock for a few more weeks. If you'd like, we can message you once we get them in. Thank you for your question, please let us know if you have any others.

All the best,
The Renogy Team

It has been 6 weeks.  Do you have a little more of a definitive timeline for availability?

B and C said:
It has been 6 weeks. Do you have a little more of a definitive timeline for availability?

Hi Brian,

We apologize for the inconvenience and wait. I know you've been working on your system and just need the panels to complete it. Currently, our bendable (lightweight) solar panels are experiencing a high failure rate. We are still working on a solution for a new unit that will not experience these issues--because of that, I'm afraid I can't give you a more definitive timeline as there is no estimated date for this unit to be completed. At the moment, we'd recommend rigid panels instead. Again, we're very sorry about the inconvenience.

All the best,
The Renogy Team

I was looking for a Kyocera panel once and went into a solar shop in Quartzsite and asked if they had them, the guy said "No they once put out a run of 90,000 bad panels, so we won't carry them."

I asked him if Kyocera made it right, and he said "Yes, as far as I know they made every one of them right and made it as easy as possible for people."

I said, "Are you crazy, that's a reason I'm going to buy one!! Lot's of people make mistakes, very few make it right." I walked out.

It's not good that Renogy made a bunch of bad panels, but it's great they are making it right!

It's the reason I'm recommending them. You go by non-name Chinese junk for just a little less and no one is going to back them up--ever!

If you want to build a high-end system, buy Kyocera, if you are on a tight budget, buy Renogy. If you are a really tight budget, buy used!
Bob
Bob

Latest posts