A community that cares about each other

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nature lover

Reaction score
I get so frustrated sometimes with how we bicker at each other. As a conservative Christian there are so many things that are posted on here that I could argue and disagree with but I try to keep my mouth shut. I sometimes get frustrated by the feeling I get in reading posts that pic of each other. I don’t want to fall into that so I ignore some things and just don’t respond. This forum is a good thing. The largest room in this world is the room for improvement. I see one of the improvements Needed here is less bickering between members and let the moderators do their job.  It is the moderators job to cut out was not appropriate not ours. Maybe I’m just reading into things. But we have to find a way to express our differences without downing others and belittling they’re thinking. I’ll make a pledge right now that I will try to be positive and encouraging. if I do not I’ll be accountable to you other members to be told about it and except your admonition. If I ever break this pledge please PM me and we’ll talk about it keeping our differences on the private side of the forum. Let’s keep the bickering off the forum that so the many guests and none active members can see us as a friendly community of encouragers.

I wish good things for you, nature lover. Your post has a great deal of truth and a good standard to strive to achieve. I do try to live my online life (and "real" life) that way and some days it gets very difficult. I hope that you, and I, and everyone can work toward being less judgmental and thin skinned. Thank you for reminding me to be aware of what I write.

nature lover said:
... Let’s keep the bickering off the forum that so the many guests and none active members can see us as a friendly community of encouragers.
I agree. We could all be encouragers. 
-crofter

what ticked you off to write this post? I mean for me the normal thoughts are one opinion won't be that of others but I never found it necessary to post about bickering....bickering back and forth brings alot to the table on what another reading it might find suits them thru that chat........not talking being mean, but the I use this and why I won't....do this or don't do that cause of these effects etc. on chat on any subject is good but of course we can't ram our opinions down others throats and think that is the end all be all............so what prompted you to write this post? had to be something and just super curious cause I think this forum functions quite well and super civil vs. what else is out there :) We ask on here and then learn thru others experiences, keeping it 'nice' is key of course but seeeing and learning why and whats of what others experienced is a good thing to me even if it never effected/suited another so?

yea we have to have it to learn more ways that will fit into our personal life issues/situations.  never saying be mean on it all, but we ALL experience life and sometimes might get hard on what worked so well might be it for others, but those chat up posts are so needed by others to form opinions on what could suit their lifestyle...........mean, nope......big time bickering on ifs, and, buts, and experience to me is a great thing actually.  I learned so much thru stuff I thought would never suit me ever and then it did LOL

OP: There is a link to a "Buddy/Ignore List" in the User Control Panel.

If you see a certain person whose posts you'd rather not read, put them on your Ignore List and their posts won't display. You can then avoid persons who seem to so often be offended by this or that perceived slight or any other posters you'd rather not read.

Of course human nature being what it is and if you're like so many of us and have extra time on your hands, you may find yourself compelled to read their posts anyway.

Control is in your hands.

PS: You're right, we should let the mods do their jobs. The mods do a good job of removing anything that is actual bickering.

If you see something objectionable it should be brought to their attention.

But I like bickering! Life would be boring without it!
But OK, I'll sing kumbaya, just for you Nature Lover! :dodgy:  :D

Sophie, I like bickering some too I just don’t like it when it’s belittling. I might be making too much of it.Some of you that have known each other many years probably have a relationship where you can bicker at each other and not get POed. And not understanding the relationships some of the digs might’ve been meant as humor My concern was for those who are looking in on our community and thinking of joining. That’s why I don’t have my picture on because I’m so damn ugly I would chase them away.

How can you be ugly when you have all these 18 and 20 year olds circling you like sharks around their prey? Eh?

It’s called fantasy, dear. We old man live on it’s all we got.

Live by the sword, die by the sword. If you have very strong views and you voice them, people sometimes push back. That's life.

Hey, Nature Lover, ain't that you in the middle, in front of your van?
o.jpg

Attachments

• o.jpg
    o.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 29
crofter said:
....offensive to use forum posts or content in your
personal thread outside of this forum.
-crofter
Here I am talking about the actual posts. OK to plaigerize and spread the good ideas wherever you may go, just don't post my post someplace I did not post it. Thanks for reading.    -crofter

I've only been here a short time but haven't noticed much tom foolery going on, and HDR seems to be pretty well on top of things.

I've been on other forums where belittling and cuss outs were common daily, it's been pretty mild here that I've seen.

Not trying to deny the OP's feelings, just saying there's worse.

I have no other experience on forums save this one. And sometimes I think I read into things. I may think from the verbiage that someone has an attitude. And I may be totally wrong. But as I said the biggest room in the world is the room for improvement. My major point was when you look at the number of people that see the post compared to the number of people that reply there are a lot of speakers that might be wannabes I need to find a welcoming community. So even if we are one of the better we can still be more better. (More better???) Thanks to everyone who commented I do think this is a good forum. And a note I break the rules to. One of my post got censored or cut last week because it was too political. I just went on a rant against politicians and I named some. I know why it was cut but I’m still pissed off at the politicians. I think it could be a policy that when they cut us they let us know they did it and why but that might make too much work for the volunteers who moderate. There’s a big room for improvement in my life to. “I used to think I was Conceded but then I realize that conceit is a fault and how could a perfect person to be conceited.” ;)

I usually do send a PM when I send a post or thread to the trash. however when there are multiple post that get deleted I usually don't PM everyone but I will usually post on the thread and give a reason the posts were deleted.

as far as political post go when someone names a politician, or describes them in a way that makes it obvious who it is, I will delete it weather I agree with the person or not.

when you make a generic post about laws that affect us that is fine. but don't name any politician or it will get deleted.

one last thing. if you see a post that obviously breaks the rules DO NOT REPLY TO IT AND DO NOT QUOTE IT or your post will be deleted too. report it to a Mod, this makes our job so much easier.

thanks
Highdesertranger

Another thing to be mindful of on forums, especially if your new to them, its easy to misconstrue people's meanings or intent of posts and that causes a lot of ruckus as well that can end with, oh my bad I couldn't tell you were kidding or something to that effect.

Even after 20 years of using various forums, I'm still adjusting a little here, but so far worth it, nice sound forum.
Kudos HDR and the powers that be.

Latest posts