State Police stopped me for driving too SLOW!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whitewolf7 said:
Middle desert, AZ. 8:30am on a Tuesday. Heading to the Walmart. A State Police suv who was parked in the median got behind me after I passed by. He practically tapped my bumper he got so close. I pulled over and my young daughter and I greeted him with a hearty Good Morning. I had Christian children's music playing, he asked me to turn it off. Now he had my attention. I'm wondering if I missed someone rolling off the hood of my car. He stated, "Do you realize you were going 57 in a 65"? I answered, with all honesty, "I'm never in a hurry, especially with a child in the car". Not sure if he appreciated that. He asked 20 minutes worth of questions about what I'm doing here, where, why, and how we camp. Since there was no category in which to cite me on his ticket, he did the walk-around of my van. Like the border patrol would. When he completed that, he came back stating, "Um, your windshield is cracked". I answered.."From the dirt roads, I try to avoid crazy drivers on paved ones". Don't think he appreciated that, either. Escaped with no citation, and wondering...what just happened? So, HURRY UP Y'ALL, or you just may look out of place.

Stopped for NOT speeding. Sorry, but that's funny.

In late 2001 I had just purchased a 1991 Caprice Classic. Ex Illinois State Patrol car.  I got pulled over five times in two days. Every LEO in the area was curious about that beast. One time I was doing about 20 over the posted speed. 

Were you aware that you were doing 65 in a 45 zone?

Not until I saw your lights officer!  I just got this and it sure rides nice. I was just enjoying the day. 

Well keep it down. Where did you find that at?   :D

It idled at 38 mph. I had to sell it when my daughter got her permit. She refused to drive a car that was possessed.  Someone forgot to remove the HP speed chip.

cyndi said:
My first ticket ever was for obstructing traffic. I was driving from LA and Long Beach, going 55 in a 55 zone. Everyone else was doing 65-70.
His was back in the 80s.
Yes, that's usually what they got me for.
"I know the Sign says (whatever). But since traffic is exceeding that by over 10 more, you are obstructing traffic, & that is not cool"
---
"So officer, instead of issuing Citations to all the Law-breakers, instead you want me to also break the law, like them ?? - "But
I can't afford my Insurance rates to go up, so now what??" - Officer: "Maybe you shouldn't drive at all then."

when POLICE not only Order... someone break the law; - & then on top of it do nothing... to Ticket those who broke the law in the 1st. place,
thereby themselves breaking the law no less twice, isn't there something we can do to REPORT police ??

if I got a ticket for going 55 in a 55 zone I would fight it in court. let the officer explain that in court for all to hear. I would also make sure I got that line in the court record, "so you want me to break the law". highdesertranger

With MJ legalized in neighboring States a 'tell' used by border States LEO to flag DUIs is who be that driving slow... well now letsee, that's earned them a meet & greet.. .

highdesertranger said:
if I got a ticket for going 55 in a 55 zone I would fight it in court.  
let the officer explain that in court for all to hear.  
I would also make sure I got that line in the court record,  "so you want me to break the law".  highdesertranger
Ok.
The next situation was Different, except for the FACT that LEO's too often say "I don't care. Go fight it in court"

When one (of innumerable neighborhood) child Molesters tried to annihilate me
caught on video in our relatively-quiet 25 mph neighborhood road flying at over 45 mph, --- LEO wrote him a ticket for
way over a $1000 :
1. NO license, (the State cancelled it because non-compliant, non-registering sex-Offender)
2. Stolen truck (thus no registration, NO tabs, & no insurance).
3. Speeding (at about twice the Limit).
4. Causing potentially fatal accident.
5. further property damages
6. Failing to be concerned with victims survival... Because "I need to find band-aids for my knee"
7. Lying to the LEO where he was headed (getting more illegal drugs)
and
NEXT the LEO (with me as the victim in obvious shock) wrote ........... me a $135 Ticket too. -- i managed to ask why ???
his answer:
"Since he got such a huge ticket, it only seems FAIR to write you 1 too. ----- I don't care, you can fight it in court."

The neighbor with the CAMERA, plus some others actually heard the LEO say that to me, in his front-yard (where after careening... thru
2 other neighbor's yards, the van with me still in it, came to STOP, no less a foot from his front door).

Daily News reports... police-Misbehaviors, to down-right murders; - but until something insane happens to you too,
I could not believe the POLICE act so despicable, & neither could the neighbors...................... We were all in shock after that.
===
Next after I heard there's now a "prosecutor" in Traffic-courts, going to Contest it seemed futile; having heard the Police & Courts act as "buddies".
===
Fortunately, I have an Attorney who represented me the previous 2 times, I fell victim to other criminals; &
he said: "Your ticket should Never have been written in the 1st. place. And we will see to it that it will not stand."

on the day of court, weeks later, I stood yet still shook like a leaf. - And then, with the huge room so silent... you could hear a hair fall,
as the Prosecutor heard ... what went down by the LEO, he YELLED VERY LOUD "HE SAID WHAT !!!!" &
then when the Judge heard that, he said "case DISMISSED".

Enjoy :) **wonderfully... SAFE & Beautiful... weekend** :) Every one.

Whitewolf7 said:
Middle desert, AZ. 8:30am on a Tuesday. Heading to the Walmart. A State Police suv who was parked in the median got behind me after I passed by. He practically tapped my bumper he got so close. I pulled over and my young daughter and I greeted him with a hearty Good Morning. I had Christian children's music playing, he asked me to turn it off. Now he had my attention. I'm wondering if I missed someone rolling off the hood of my car. He stated, "Do you realize you were going 57 in a 65"? I answered, with all honesty, "I'm never in a hurry, especially with a child in the car". Not sure if he appreciated that. He asked 20 minutes worth of questions about what I'm doing here, where, why, and how we camp. Since there was no category in which to cite me on his ticket, he did the walk-around of my van. Like the border patrol would. When he completed that, he came back stating, "Um, your windshield is cracked". I answered.."From the dirt roads, I try to avoid crazy drivers on paved ones". Don't think he appreciated that, either. Escaped with no citation, and wondering...what just happened? So, HURRY UP Y'ALL, or you just may look out of place.

I remember living in Iowa in 1996. Speed limit was 60 or so. MIN speed was 40 mph....The drawback was that during corn growing season, famers from other fields would slow down and look at another's field at 20 miles per hour!  The newspaper reported the accidents weekly and with the same reminder "Pull off to gaze, but don't pause on the road"

Years later a woman wrote into the Oregonian newspaper and complained about being pulled over for doing 55 mph in a 55 zone and everyone else was doing 65...The state cop said "You have to go with the flow" she replied something I cannot print but the reply got her a ticket for "Impeding traffic" she fought it and won...Still stupid.