Share one weird/odd/unusual thing about yourself

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frater secessus said:
My superpower is that I catch things in mid-air when I drop them.

There are downsides, as when one drops a knife.  :-(  

My dad is Belgian, so I played a lot of soccer as a kid. I catch things when they drop with my feet...well, stop pr slow them down to break the fall. I dropped and stopped a bowling ball once...just once. Man, that hurt.

Gary68 said:
i will pull up to you at a stop light in a crusty chevy 4x4 with Katy Perry cranked up

[video=youtube]

I do that on the bike.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Haw! What a bunch of fantastic weirdos here! I love it.

I can't do just one either. I have dozens as I imagine others do as well. This is my favorite thread here so Thanks to Queen!

ok. I was a Curtis Armstrong groupie for a few weeks when I was in high school. I think he is most famous for his role as Booger in Revenge of the Nerds. This was before that though. 

My high school drama class got invited to a dress rehearsal of a play starring Armstrong. I liked the play so much that I bought tickets to as many performances as I could afford during its run which I think may have three weeks. He was great! Such a good actor! 

Anyways, one night I was waiting outside of the theater with a friend. We were waiting for her dad to pick us up when none other than Curtis Armstrong himself should come out of the theater door! OMG, we gave that poor man the star treatment that only two teenaged girls could! We screamed. We gushed. We asked for an autograph. We screamed again. Told him he was amazing. Etc He was very patient and gracious to us and our star struck madness. 

My friend's dad's arrival saved him. I saw a smile on his face as he walked towards downtown but not sure if we had made him feel good or if he was happy to be rid of us. LOL

frater secessus said:
My superpower is that I catch things in mid-air when I drop them.  Sometimes I catch things in mid-air when other people drop them, which tends to freak out onlookers.

There are downsides, as when one drops a knife.  :-(   Another bummer: it's likely a function of ptsd (hypervigilance).

Hahaha I do the same with knives. I do catch the knives by the handle, :=} I dont have or have Hypervigilance though. I used to use my left hand in school and they would hit my hand to use the right hand. I normally caught things in the left hand. I also use both hand equally on things; opening jars etc... I use to write with my feet (not sure now) & I can still pick up light things with my toes. That's more than 1 hehehe. I'm a weirdo & I love it. I'm unique like the rest of us are. I think we are the normal ones. ;-P

I don't have the ability to wiggle any special body parts :s but I do own 3,000 garments of clothing. AND I'm moving to a location with ONE TINY closet!!

Sort, sort, toss, toss...vintage 60's cream color fringed leather jacket in primo condition anyone?  Leather biker jacket, purple leather fringe with silver buttons, green fringe jacket, western design tan embroidered leather, vintage ski jacket with big silver concho, like new...silk, satin, lace, velvet, sequins, antique buttons, hats, and feathered masks galore.

I've got to have a sale! :angel:

Oh Kathleen!!!! That sounds like heaven. You sure u can't make room for some of that fabulous girly stuff????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The feathered masks would make my day.
I know they would be a nice touch around the campfire.

rvpopeye said:
Kathleen
Consignment shop?

Thx, RV Popeye, my friends suggested that. But the normal clothing will get sold at a giant yard sale. The high value items will require a special sale, maybe with mimosas to get the girls in the mood!

Cammalu said:
Oh Kathleen!!!! That sounds like heaven.   You sure u can't make room for some of that fabulous girly stuff????

Hi Cammalu,

Yes, it's hard to part with the goodies. I always liked dressing up. Designed my own clothing by age 15, and on to fashion industry.

I may keep a few wardrobe boxes of the pretty stuff, and a coat rack for my greatly reduced number of 100+ jackets.

Costumes, and assuming different characters intrigues me. I play different roles, a bit of spy work in my background. So had to wear biz suits, evening gowns, cargo pants, high end biker jacket. Play the part, gather the info. I may look "normal" but.... :cool:

rvpopeye said:
The feathered masks would make my day.
I know they would be a nice touch around the campfire.

If you promise to attend RTR 18 I might refrain from selling them and make a surprise appearance in full blown costume incl masks round the campfire.

I think I better change my "Avatar", the tiny forum photo, from time to time. Post a pic from my trip to Sturgis!

Oh wow Kathleen! Pics from Sturgis? That would be cool to see the clothes and costuming! Post pics!

But Cammalu, the most interesting pics from Sturgis the Mods would delete immediately!! :dodgy:

Ok. Tame it down then lol!!!

Which agency did u work for?

That's so cool that you worked in fashion! I always appreciated beautiful clothes but didn't have an eye for putting anything together for myself. Seemed everything was clashing with the red hair anyway.

I had red hair for a while but with thousands of garments to chose from I could always find something to match the current hair color!!

I'm moving, gotta run!

Kathleen said:
Thx, RV Popeye, my friends suggested that. But the normal clothing will get sold at a giant yard sale. The high value items will require a special sale, maybe with mimosas to get the girls in the mood!

If you've got high end items that are collectible, I would check to see if somebody like Sothebys or Christies would be interested in auctioning them.  Places like that often collect things like that and hold them until they do one big sale of similar items, once a year or every six months or so.

I'm sure that would maximise your profits, if one of these auction houses was interested.

Hell, it might turn out that buying clothes and shoes was one of the smartest investments you ever made!

Dang , I'll really miss that!
Mom is #1 concern for now but never know when I will get back out there.
Plans , as always are set in jello.

Lots of girls in the mood sounds like I need a new plan....... what ?? oh yeah , clothes.

Changing the avatar sounds like a good idea for everyone . I really do resemble Kokopelli,
It's true , I tell ya!

Optimistic Paranoid said:
I'm sure that would maximise your profits, if one of these auction houses was interested.

Hell, it might turn out that buying clothes and shoes was one of the smartest investments you ever made!

Thanks for that suggestion, John, I always enjoy your posts!

rvpopeye said:
Dang , I'll really miss that!
Mom is #1 concern for now but never know when I will get back out there.
Plans , as always are set in jello.

Lots of girls in the mood sounds like I need a new plan....... what ?? oh yeah , clothes.

Changing the avatar sounds like a good idea for everyone . I really do resemble Kokopelli,
It's true , I tell ya!

I've got a beautiful Mom who will also come before attending RTR, should the need arise.

Yup, when I had fashion on the runway the room was 70 % full of guys. I guess they appreciate fine clothing, or maybe it was the models, ya think??

Kokopelli is the subject of one of my pieces of art. My tribal art teacher led us to a hidden  spot where ancient kokop figures popped off the rock walls.

Let me tell you, these guys did not need a flute. That image would make a good forum share, but it too might get moderated, even though I just copied the images created by the Ancient Ones. :rolleyes: