Share one weird/odd/unusual thing about yourself

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video=youtube]

The Eleventh Hour - Lady Marmalade

rvpopeye said:
I was referring to the Lady Marmalade song from the 70s which was a hit later with a cover by Patti Labelle  , the chorus was the famous line "Gitchya gitcha ya yas out , yeah" .
It was covered again in the film Moulan Rouge by Pink and Christina Aguilera.

Now I'm curious.

I listened to the song in that video.  Something about it doesn't sound right to me.  Familiar, but a bit wrong.  Even though it was apparently the first one, could the answer be that the second one by Patti Labelle is the one that everyone knows?

Tom

Can anyone (everyone) else roll their tongue into a tube? I thought everyone could until my brother proved me wrong, his just lays there all flat and cow-like (I determined he had a cow tongue when I was 11, nothing against cows, but it annoyed him.) :p

Vagabound said:
Now I'm curious.

I listened to the song in that video.  Something about it doesn't sound right to me.  Familiar, but a bit wrong.  Even though it was apparently the first one, could the answer be that the second one by Patti Labelle is the one that everyone knows?

Tom

yes,the patti labelle version is the one everyone knows

Queen said:
Can anyone (everyone) else roll their tongue into a tube?  I thought everyone could until my brother proved me wrong, his just lays there all flat and cow-like (I determined he had a cow tongue when I was 11, nothing against cows, but it annoyed him.) :p

yes,i can,have you seen the people that can make it into a w shape?

Yup. I can do that too, but cannot tie a cherry stem into a knot.

Yup... I got the weird tongue that can do all the above! I always thought everyone could too, but none of my kids can LOL

BTW, the one weird/odd/unusual thing about me is that I can come up with the oddest, weirdest theories and make them sound completely plausible. :cool:

Optimistic Paranoid said:
BTW, the one weird/odd/unusual thing about me is that I can come up with the oddest, weirdest theories and make them sound completely plausible. :cool:

OP I'm ready to hear them!

Okay, I finally worked up the courage to reveal my darkest secrets ...

The toenails on my little toes grow straight up. Really.

Tom

Queen said:
Can anyone (everyone) else roll their tongue into a tube?  I thought everyone could until my brother proved me wrong, his just lays there all flat and cow-like (I determined he had a cow tongue when I was 11, nothing against cows, but it annoyed him.) :p

Of course, I thought that was a requirement for van dwellers! :sleepy:

Gary68 said:
yes,i can,have you seen the people that can make it into a w shape?

I've heard of contortionists but never people turning tongues into w shape. Have to see to believe.

Optimistic Paranoid said:

American Indians would call your ability Coyote Medicine.

Vagabound said:
Okay, I finally worked up the courage to reveal my darkest secrets ...

The toenails on my little toes grow straight up. Really.

Tom

Must be hard on your sox!

I've cut my own hair about once a week ever since age 18. Most of those were with one single hair clipper. It was like a $15 Remington from Wal-Mart and damn, it's a good one. I've had my hair cut by someone else only one time.

I haven't cleaned my body with soap for 7 months. (and no one who sees me in person would ever guess)

My thumbs are shaped a lot like a big toe. They get wider after the last knuckle, and my fingernail is about twice as wide as it is long.

I have seen that Tom. Don't know how it's done though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk