Serenity

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ArtW said:
drag it through a car wash with her in it

Man sometimes you guys are just such gentlemen.  I say lash her on the tounge where your propane tanks would be and then go to the car wash........twice if her attitude hasn't improved.     ;)

Jewellann  &  Queenie sez RUFF!

well, I was trying to get her to see the leak, if that didn't work, then vehicular waterboarding would be option two LOL

Considering they "fixed" the roof vent.. that I never saw a leak at.. and denied there was one at the wall/roof joint where I DID see water seeping in.
'vehicular waterboarding' may be an option..

I figure I will just get a roll of eternabond and seal it myself.-- yep - I can trust my repairs..
once I get the trailer back, and can take a good look at those roof seams.. I will decide whether I want to get a 4" roll or 2 2" rolls and lap them over the seam.

And tell everyone I know about the amazing "customer service" and build quality.

That's the thing that kills me about this whole debacle, how frigging hard is it to build a damn aluminum box that doesn't leak??  But I guess she's being true to her name. crap fell off Serenity all the time.  
:p

I've noticed most of the new trailers I'm seeing in my area seem to be going to the flat roof instead of the curved roof and I've wondered how they could keep them from leaking.  Since following your thread I have concluded I won't buy a trailer unless it has a curved roof.  I'm sure it's much cheaper to build the flat roof.

So- Serenity is back in the driveway.  Thank God.

Sharon says they couldn't find 'any sign of a leak, it has to be condensation.'
When I re-removed the wall board I took a couple pictures.
watersign.jpgwhaddyathink.jpg
Nope- no sign of water here..
Oh, and KNOWING we were going to take the walls off and put in insulation.. they "permanently fixed" the vents to the wall boards at the vents..  sigh.  Thank god for crappy construction.  Also note: The only thing Really holding the vents in place is the thin outer metal skin and the interior wall boards..  No framing to speak of.
FrontVent.jpg
And more water sign..
rearVent.jpg

Also- necessity breeds invention.  Did you know you can use a standard "van" square bit to drive stupid-proprietary 8pt star drive screws?
Ingeneu.jpg

And the demo continues..

Attachments

• watersign.jpg
    watersign.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 24
  • whaddyathink.jpg
    whaddyathink.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 25
  • FrontVent.jpg
    FrontVent.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 24
  • rearVent.jpg
    rearVent.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Ingeneu.jpg
    Ingeneu.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 13
Ribbon windshield sealant sticks and holds with no leaks but is so permanent it has to be cut to get things apart and takes years to begin to even skin over, can be gotten at auto parts stores.

Sure hope it works and you can get back to this being a fun adventure.

Yesterday afternoon, I get a message from the Main Manf-plant in Indiana. They are communicating with the local plant here in Oregon.
Says; "I just got off the phone with the General Manager at the Oregon division and they are working to fix this problem. Someone should be in contact with you shortly over the situation. Please keep me informed on the matter if possible."

Gotta wonder how this is all going to play out?
I really don't want the inconvenience of having to drag the trailer to another shop and the continued delays of more work.. before I can continue my project..

closeanuf said:
I've noticed most of the new trailers I'm seeing in my area seem to be going to the flat roof instead of the curved roof and I've wondered how they could keep them from leaking.  Since following your thread I have concluded I won't buy a trailer unless it has a curved roof.  I'm sure it's much cheaper to build the flat roof.

All of the V nose trailers that I've looked at have flat roofs, even from the makers that normally make their flat fronts curved roof, so you may be relegating yourself to a flat front, just so you know

Gypsy, I'd send the pics you showed us to the corporate types who sent you that message, and the short, simple statement:
I am not happy
that another poster suggested

I am not happy
These delays are interfering with my life big time
I paid too much for such an obviously inferior/defective product.

they said, "it finally rained enough for them to find the leak." jeez, they never heard of a water hose? this place is a joke. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
they said, "it finally rained enough for them to find the leak." jeez, they never heard of a water hose? this place is a joke. highdesertranger

Yeah- and you would lose your shyte over the woman's saccharine and condescending demeanor. I am not a fan of being talked down to. But dealt with it for the sake of getting the trailer back- so I could get it away from them and fix it properly.

I would be climbing the ladder until I found someone at the top that could/would get it fixed. I would send them a link to this thread and explain that many here use cargo trailers and are watching how this plays out.

jimindenver said:
I would be climbing the ladder until I found someone at the top that could/would get it fixed. I would send them a link to this thread and explain that many here use cargo trailers and are watching how this plays out.

^^ X2 ^^

jimindenver said:

Honestly, if it were me, that thing would have been back in the dealer's hands long ago and my money (plus extra for aggravation) would be back in my wallet.  Or they would have had to deal with Vera.

Even Captain Mal would have had acquiesced at this point.  True, his Serenity needed a lot of work, but I can't remember it needing patching to prevent it from venting atmosphere!