RTR Chatter

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bindi&us said:
What bothers me is the homeless who make a living year after year begging on the corner with cardboard. Rather than trying to improve their lives, they are happy to live on handouts.

I see ragged out vans, loaded with backacks and 7 youngsters pile out and go to work with their signs and gas cans, filthy clothes/hair, and no desire to better themselves in any way.

We see none of that attitude among our RTR group.

Most of us like that are still in Oklahoma HA  I decided that after looking at some of the recent pix, I could not navigate the terrain  at the RTR site with a gogo scooter (rocks are larger than the wheels).  I am too weak now to go very long on crutches, I am here in OKC close to the kids, grand kids and great grand kids, it is coooold out but 81 in Sheneeda with Spook the wander dog, this is our third winter in the RV yea! Warren

Yeah, the rocks could be more than small wheels can handle. Even if it went it would bone shaking.
Most of us have to step carefully.
There's a few riding around on city street scooters. The 12" tires seem to do pretty good.

Take care and maybe you'll make another RTR.

Jay and Margie, where are you guys parked. I'd love to meet you. And please don't say in the white van. ; ). I'm at the very bottom of the main road in the red cargo trailer, but it seems I'm rarely home. Too many old and new friends I'd like to meet.

Jay, I accidently put streamers on my antenna also, I was going to put them on the Segway but never got around to it. If anybody stops by here I'll send them over to you.

Nelda said:
Jay, I accidently put streamers on my antenna also, I was going to put them on the Segway but never got around to it. If anybody stops by here I'll send them over to you.

Nelda, I'm curious.  How could you 'accidentally' put streamers on your antenna? :huh: :D

I didn't stay the whole time but it was sure fun around the fire this evening. Songs, jokes, and laughter are good for the soul. 
think the talent show was a hit with all who came.

I sure enjoyed the talent show. I wish I had asked someone to take pictures of Ivy's tricks.

dragonflyinthesky said:
I sure enjoyed the talent show. I wish I had asked someone to take pictures of Ivy's tricks.

I've got video which I will upload when I get my karma hot spot charged and turned on..

I'm missing meeting so many of you. I'm not very mobile this week. But I'm here! Usually up above the main fire. Come say hi if you get a chance.. Usually, I am not as mean in person as I am on the forum.

I wonder why people think they need to drive so fast thru camp? Is it an urban thing?

The dust makes it hard to breathe and there dogs and people walking everywhere.

Please, slow your roll.
If you see dust in your rearview its too fast.
Thank you for your consideration :)

Anybody using Sprint for data and streaming, here, at the RTR?