Your experience with all-electric vans

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HC, Sincere apologies if I misrepresented your actual words. I thought I was getting them right.

Are there examples in real life of the wrong people being rewarded? Yup. Maybe products getting worse because of better profit margins? Again, yup. And finally, do scientists need funding? Certainly. We ALL need funding. But none of those "yups" change the energy dynamic of EVs and our environment. And I am old enough that I have lost count of the theories about bought-out and buried "discoveries" without anyone ever being able to prove it. If there is a better way of doing something, the next fellow to come along will rediscover it and off we will go again.

I have worked in research labs and never once saw anyone actually hiding a discovery or a better way of doing things. That's what we lived and worked FOR. I know that doesn't prove it never happens, but neither does a distrust of required funding prove it does. So, I will continue to trust in science and published test results until I see something that resembles proof otherwise.

Burning fossil fuel is bad for our environment and our health. Anything we can say that about is something we should try to change. Exactly what is the best change might be up for debate, but I have yet to see anything that changes that base argument.

Both are useful. Which do you consider superior?
It depends on what you are powering and how you are producing electricity I believe. When Solar power started getting more attention direct current became more important especially to those boondockers out there! It might have been a very different world we live in if we had gone with direct current. I believe many historians believe that because hydro power had been developed for alternating current power production in excess before WWII contributed greatly in winning that war. Then again who knows what someone like Tesla might have come up with!