RTR Chatter

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, the highs have been in the 50's, lows in the 30's. A little cooler than average. And we did have some rain.

I wish I could have made it to RTR but I am enjoying the pics and hope y'all will post more. I have never seen the desert. I am looking forward to seeing it in person.

Just so you know, SSW, seeing Quartzsite is not seeing the desert.

mockturtle said:
Just so you know, SSW, seeing Quartzsite is not seeing the desert.

I plan to see it all mockturtle. Hoping to stay West for awhile since I have never really been off the East Coast. I have been to Kansas and Missouri in the last couple of years but didn't get to do much by the way of exploring since I was on military bases each time. I also want to see Oregon, Washington, and Alaska. I have a friend in CA I will be visiting as well.

Great! You will love the west! Hope to see you out here.

Such an exciting night. A wonderful chili dinner followed by a campfire then to top it off, our own fire performers. It just doest get any better

After a fun evening around the fire, I headed back to my camp but I didn't see the rope light by dannys van so I thought I was going the wrong way. Ivy was no help, she was tugging on the leash. I turned and went another way and fell over a bush into a culvert and totally peed my pants. I tried to call almost there, beth, so she could wave a light or shout out to me but she didn't answer her phone, then I remembered she was still at the fire.
Then i saw a lit up tent with someone sitting outside of it and asked if they had a flashlight to help me with. They didnt hear me so i stumbled closer and could see it was actually a little moter scooter parked by the light. Finally I found low techs encampment and got my bearings and made it home.

I banged on Danny's van door and told him what happened because he didn't have his rope light on. It was broken and he laughed at me for having a misfortunate adventure a few hundred feet from the campfire.  Im still laughing at myself.

Good chili, good friends, and some fun entertainment... Great evening.

Diane...glad you're ok.
Just be glad we don't have cholla cactus all over the place around here.

Friends of mine, Mic & Cheryl, got into town from Canada and will be pulling into here tomorrow. Mic çomes every year, this will be his first RTR.

Our numbers continue to grow daily.

@bindi&us
I concur with the assessment that the number of technically homeless people in that area continues to grow within this time period. :rolleyes: Why do I have such a difficult time maintaining a postive attitude towards these people?

What bothers me is the homeless who make a living year after year begging on the corner with cardboard. Rather than trying to improve their lives, they are happy to live on handouts.

I see ragged out vans, loaded with backacks and 7 youngsters pile out and go to work with their signs and gas cans, filthy clothes/hair, and no desire to better themselves in any way.

We see none of that attitude among our RTR group.

attachment.php

This actually made me shiver. I turned the AC up a bit...

Well, I didn't win Powerball, or else I'd be rolling into the Q in a screaming new Roadtrek. So I'll just say, "Hi" from freezing cold Washington.