Post RTR caravans?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I’ll be getting on the road in February. Are there any plans yet for post RTR caravans, or will that be planned out at the RTR? Also, anyone out there or small groups who would welcome an old hippie into their travels? I’m in a 2001 high top dodge van and am an experienced camper, though will be new to full timing. I always pay my own way plus. Cheerful in all weather, sociable.
[email protected]

I’m out of Yuba City, ca, near Sacramento. I’m going to Quartzsite first to fit out my van and learn the ropes. Then I’ll mostly be in California to explore all the odd corners I’ve never visited in my lifetime here. But I’m teachable, and will go anywhere that sounds fun west of the Rockies.

Wife and I are from Michigan, but are traveling in the AZ, UT, NM areas this winter and would be interested in camping for a bit with others.  We have a 30 tt pulled by a 1 ton Super Duty and have 2 dogs.

We are not attending the  RTR, too many people for me to handle. My proby, not anyone else's.

again with the too many people. this has been posted so many times, I am sick of it.

at the RTR you can be around as many people as you want OR as few people as you want. you can even be by yourself. many camp on the outskirts with nobody close by and it's not that hard to find a place where you can't see your neighbors.

so please don't use that as an excuse. highdesertranger

HDR don't post your opinion as fact either.
In that many don't want 'an area congested' in many ways other than just their campsite. There are a ton of reasons when someone says 'too crowded' for me and they are not always about a campsite ever. There are extra factors in that simple statement from someone they didn't include.

give some leeway for others and how they need to travel and their judgements as their personal facts on how they see it. I mean there is not a black and white ever, it is shades of grey everyone must deal with in their travels, wants/desires, personality, crowds, events and more. It is never so simple for anyone. Might be for you but not everyone :) :) Just cause someone can camp on the outskirts, it still could be way too crowded for them, a fact you won't understand cause it ain't you thinking it :)

Kenneth

There will be many people looking to continue on with others after the RTR. The CRVL caravans will be the easiest way to join a group but there are many other smaller groups that travel together as well.

HDR, too many people has little to do with camping for me. We could be camped in the middle of your gathering and I'd just stay inside my camper, if that was the issue.

I don't like being in areas where I have to wait to get water, wait to dump tanks, wait in traffic to get somewhere, have to deal with other people that are pissed off 'cause they want to be somewhere else faster than everything else. I don't like to have to reprimand my dogs because people are inconsiderate of them or me.

As RoamerRV428 stated, using a common phrase may mean more than just the reader's view of the text. There are a lot of people from different backgrounds that prefer not to be around too many people and it's not a camping isue.
Sorry I pushed your buttons, it was not intentional.