Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to J P Dental this year. John and Camilla recommended them. They did a good job. The dentist and receptionist speak English. The office is on Avenue B. Just walk in along the main road to that street and turn left onto Ave B. The main office of optometrist Best Optical is at the corner of Ave B. But they have a smaller office a little further up Ave B not too far past J P Dental. Also on Ave B is the Phoenix Pharmacy, good place to get any medications you might want to purchase including antibiotics. At the end of Ave B a little ways further past JP Dental, at the next intersection, is a very nice cafe with good food, reasonable prices. I also like it because you can have a nice, relaxed meal without getting hounded by vendors.

The turn around time on having lenses made is at least 2 hours after your exam is done.

You can of course stay at the Pilot Knob LTVA as you have the pass for that. It is an easy drive to the border crossing from there. Make your appointment early in the day and arrive at the boarder parking lot early too. There can be long lines to get to the parking lot if you go later at the prime tourist time which starts about 9:00am. That cafe opens early for breakfast. Also a good place to wait if you need to hang out waiting on lenses to be made, etc.

Last edited:
FYI, the big Laundromat closes soon...
They always close at the end of March. But the laundry room at Patty’s RV park is open 24/7 all year. No coin machine, but in the daytime you can get quarters from the guy who sells the propane.

The windstorm has arrived in Yuma Only 20 more hours to go listening to it. The worst will be from the middle of the night until sunrise, 37mph max gust expected from this one. At least I can have a window open on the lee side and the temperature will be lower tomorrow so I won’t roast inside my turtle’s shell.

Hey, fellow Pirates -

I am having a cold-like thing, which I highly doubt is Covid, but maybe it is, so I am acting accordingly. At any rate, if anyone is going to town today, I am running low on Advil and am in need of restocking. Either Advil or Tylenol would be fine, thanks!
Perhaps someone in camp will have a home Covid test kit they can give you.

Hey, fellow Pirates -

I am having a cold-like thing, which I highly doubt is Covid, but maybe it is, so I am acting accordingly. At any rate, if anyone is going to town today, I am running low on Advil and am in need of restocking. Either Advil or Tylenol would be fine, thanks!
I have some Tylenol i can give you, but i'm riding into town as well.

Jacqueg, hope your feeling better. I had something similar upon arriving home... it wasn’t covid, but was all of as bad. Take care...
thanks Doug for being there for her... as you are for so many. Captain of a great ship you are!

!! Wind Advisory 4/2 thru 4/3 !!

nail 'er down!~!

Farewell RanDay... ;)

Jacqueg, hope your feeling better. I had something similar upon arriving home... it wasn’t covid, but was all of as bad. Take care...
thanks Doug for being there for her... as you are for so many. Captain of a great ship you are!
Thanks Ben. Both Doug and Sherry brought me Tylenol. I'm pretty sure this is just a cold. I am now in the I-have-to-cough-but-it-hurts-like-heck stage. Hope that doesn't last too much longer!

Southern Utah has a high wind warning tomorrow as well, doesn’t look good, time to take things down and store them inside for added ballast!

Well at least in tomorrow’s wind storm I have the option of going over to Brian’s fiberglass Roadtrek and watch some of his videos. He moved over towards the wash where there are some taller trees and lots of thick, tall, bushes to block the strong gust. Bonus points for the root beer floats he might make!!!

Well this wind is getting on my last nerve! just watching trash blow from one wash to the next. Bell and I did not sleep well last night, might be a nap in my future!

WHeee haaa... and hang on to yer skirts fellas... not as bad as some blows we have had.... KOFA has vanished... it all settles down by Tuesday midday....

I may bump up my departure for Los Algodones to Sunday eve... to be able to get back up and out of the heat a bit sooner..

It has really really thinned out.. Tyson market is all but closed down... the fair weather has seen a lot of people hanging on...

A large portion of Southwest Arizona seems to have blown into Southeastern Utah, seeing brown today!

The Emergency Alert Tone went off on the phone for this evening... Dust Warning... low viz, high winds etc

Status
Not open for further replies.