Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One day I will get around to doing some deeper troubleshooting on my laptop’s issues by trying uninstalling and reinstalling devices.

I uninstalled the latest Windows Update and got some functionality but a day later................ NaDa

Nothing like getting your diesel heater installed in time for summer Doug.

Thanks for the encouragement ?

Abnorm,
I found this solution on the Microsoft users sight that might help. Fortunately is also unlikely to cause any harm either. 7CE2EA78-9136-4D5E-9693-B3DCB0D5F330.jpeg

Ouch... after todays marathon session installing the battery/controller/inverter whahoo, I am reminded why I gave up working for a living, this shit hurts... :) but I am just sore...... THANKS to Doug and Jessie for parts and pieces and to Jeff for moral support and actual work/help and pieces-parts... Doug has a few pics of some of the process... Thanks to Randy too for a month or more ago putting the panels up on the roof

Up top are 6ea 230+-watt panels - 1400wts approx - Santan used panels 31.5" x 61.5" $423 Mounting hrdwr = $400
An All-In_One (AIO) 48v/3000w Charge controller/ Inverter Sigineer M3048NC ( will take up to 4800w of solar!) $900
A Victron 48--->12 volt converter $274
A 15Kw 48v Lithium battery bank.. 240 #s!! $3000
Lots of wire/breakers/fuses $100

all in around $5k

In the last month the little external gen died, then the starter in the built in gen died... a new started in the big gen was easy.... but now... with this all hooked up, it is like living in a house, I want to run around and turn on all the lights, just because I can!!

fall in the bunk... clunk

^^Abnorm if that replace the driver fix does not work talk to Brian, he is very good with computer and devices networking issues.

^ Thank you....Took a speed test last nite...Paramount+ needs "4" down to stream......we're only getting ".36"

I think we'll check out Jason's Starlink...............................

Best time to work on a heater (or whatever) is when you don't need it, then one can take their time to do it right.

Sometimes there is no waiting around for an off season in which to do installs. Murphy’s law is always waiting to do a “gotcha”

Best time to work on a heater (or whatever) is when you don't need it, then one can take their time to do it right.
I agree. Best time to fix something is when you don't need it...that way there's no pressure to get it fixed quickly.

^^^ starlink is a power hungry beastie. Likely not going to be one in my future.

Hey just a heads up:

Possible (repeat POSSIBLE) aurora sightings for the next 2 nights, look north, from a few hours after sunset to maybe 2 or 3 in the morning.

Of course if you are surrounded by light pollution you have no chance of seeing it unless you are far north in the US or somewhere in Canada or Alaska. But people in the southern latitudes of the US do have a chance. It was visible and photographed just north of Amarillo last night. Obviously a cloudless night is a requirement also.

You may have heard about the recent solar storms.....we are having some very high solar activity and this affects the Aurora.

Heads UP!

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-03-24 20-15-28.jpeg
    Screenshot from 2023-03-24 20-15-28.jpeg
    161.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hey just a heads up:

Possible (repeat POSSIBLE) aurora sightings for the next 2 nights, look north, from a few hours after sunset to maybe 2 or 3 in the morning.

Of course if you are surrounded by light pollution you have no chance of seeing it unless you are far north in the US or somewhere in Canada or Alaska. But people in the southern latitudes do have a chance. It was visible and photographed just north of Amarillo last night. Obviously a cloudless night is a requirement also.

You may have heard about the recent solar storms.....we are having some very high solar activity and this affects the Aurora.

Heads UP!

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/
We had em last night here. Tonight will be iffy. (In mini snowta)

I used to see them occasionally on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington state. Of course I saw them frequently when I lived in Anchorage. But the most spectacular display I ever saw was a brilliant colored, 7 tiered curtain, one winter night, when driving from Anchorage to
Fairbanks. Total dark sky area, darker than anything in the lower 48 states. Pure magic, incredibly beautiful and mesmerizing to watch. We pulled over and sat for an hour watching it until we got way too cold to sit there any longer.

Last edited:
Happy Days......................Our New Mattresses have just arrived at our mailbox............

At the start of COVID during the lockdown we purchased a "Full-Size" Custom Mattress from Military Supply House in Los Angeles...it arrived in Kentucky rolled into a huge bundle.........16" diameter x 54" long........It has served us well for the past 3+ years...........BUT we bought it as a single mattress.........we could never turn or flip it because it was so large in the van..................

THIS TIME.......We ordered TWO Firm mattresses......Both 27" wide......Top and Bottom PLUSH....to fit the space

Now we can Flip and Rotate the mattress(s) to balance the wear and comfort.......... about $500 delivered

https://www.militarysupplyhouse.com/sleepus3.htm
Film at Eleven.........................................Arrrrrrrrrgh !

Last edited:
Recommended Eye Glasses place and Dentist in Los Algondones...

I would like a full exam as well as prescription and glasses.

Hopefully a couple of quick filling to tide me over to 65 and dentures at a dentist.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts