Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10 more inches of snow tomorrow. I won’t be going to far for a couple days... Then cold, like single digits. The lake here is going to be pretty high I’ll bet. Might stay til after the Fourth in July, but may head west again right after.

10 more inches of snow tomorrow. I won’t be going to far for a couple days... Then cold, like single digits. The lake here is going to be pretty high I’ll bet. Might stay til after the Fourth in July, but may head west again right after.
Are you already back home? If so that was a lot of long days at the wheel from Texas! But I know you really enjoy those highway travel days. Good that you have a friend with a snow plow on call.

Glad you made it back home...but that is way too much snow!

We've got the brand new LARGER Mainsail flying..........................OOOoooooo it's a WINDY day !

The New 10% larger shade tarp has Strong Polyester tape replacing the Rotten/Cotton tape/rope along the edges

We are currently Rockin and Rollin to the motion of the "Ocean".......................

EDIT: Well........we've been forced to re-evaluate.......I guess it's now Topless Sunday/Monday/Tuesday ?.........

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh

^ Mine says 30% chance of Rain starting at 4 AM Tues..................single digits after noon..................

My iPone weather app and the Windy Weather app show the rain in Quartzsite starting on Tuesday around 11 am ending by 1pm accumulation of .05”.
Of course that is not all that reliable that far ahead of time 🙃 You might have to rely on taking a walk outside on Tuesday to verify that the washes are not running.

FYI... the Orange tabby a few of us have seen is a missing cat , answers to Wraith... there is a post in Q lost and found... get your cans of Tuna out!! ;)

Abnorm…the cat whisperer, to the rescue.

Water will also help lure it in. Not much of that stuff around other than the puddles over at the fill and dump stations. Which could be where it is also hanging nearby. Not that far of a walk away from Pirate camp. So a logical area for a lost cat to be living.

Best of luck for the lost kitty.

Rain! = Clean Solar Panels!!

It also has meant WAY less dust this year compared to last... and flowers!

Nice rain here in Yuma. Steady but not a torrential gully washer. The wind is starting to pick up now.

A books, videos, dress in warm clothes and stay indoors day! I am thinking of firing up the diesel heater. It is good for the heater use it now and again so I might as well do so.

Last edited:
I have followed this YTer for years... very relaxing viewing
I also have followed them back in the day. I found this post very relaxing and a great check in for me about this adventure they live. good post. thx.

During the inclement weather I was soooooo bored sitting in the van..........I started bringing a couple of my toolbags INSIDE to organize and clean-up.......

I dumped each bag into a washtub and proceeded to sort tools and parts to their correct home

The Fastener bags are monumental.............I figure there's over 5,000 Screws, Bolts, Nuts and Washers in the bags.....You never know what you'll need out in the desert

I recently shopped the OUTPOST here in Quartzsite for the first time............among everything else they have BOXES of bulk fasteners...........All priced $5 a pound..........Uh Oh....Add 6 more pounds !

Just before the weather arrived we installed MarkW's 300 watts of solar panels on the roof of his minivan .............Wooden runners and a couple strap hinges make it a cheap-tilting system..........and we built him a raised bed inside now too !

My diesel heater install is still stalled.....I was waiting on (Lost) parts from China......Amazon Refund.......reorder

We're having problems with our Paid streaming services Vs. our devices/WiFi...............Connectivity issues ?

Futurecast says COOLER than normal ?..........BRING ON THE WARM WEATHER.....We're Ready !

Futurecast says COOLER than normal ?.
..could mean 80s instead of 90s in April... :)

Next door to Doug, I am about to insert the the new 48v system and remove the existing 12v coach battery/Inverter systems.

Last month I got the panels up on the roof with Randy's help and they have been in bench mode connected to my home built massive battery via an All-In-One unit.... so .. theoretically by the end of the day I will be converted..

next up will be weight reduction and cabinetry augmentation...

During the inclement weather I was soooooo bored sitting in the van..........I started bringing a couple of my toolbags INSIDE to organize and clean-up.......

I dumped each bag into a washtub and proceeded to sort tools and parts to their correct home

The Fastener bags are monumental.............I figure there's over 5,000 Screws, Bolts, Nuts and Washers in the bags.....You never know what you'll need out in the desert

I recently shopped the OUTPOST here in Quartzsite for the first time............among everything else they have BOXES of bulk fasteners...........All priced $5 a pound..........Uh Oh....Add 6 more pounds !

Just before the weather arrived we installed MarkW's 300 watts of solar panels on the roof of his minivan .............Wooden runners and a couple strap hinges make it a cheap-tilting system..........and we built him a raised bed inside now too !

My diesel heater install is still stalled.....I was waiting on (Lost) parts from China......Amazon Refund.......reorder

We're having problems with our Paid streaming services Vs. our devices/WiFi...............Connectivity issues ?

Futurecast says COOLER than normal ?..........BRING ON THE

Most of the time, unless a tower is actually down, to resolve some of the mystery streaming issues I need to power off my phone or tablet and do a reboot.

My laptop seems to have an internal “radio” issue now where it does not want to connect via Wi-Fi to my phone. So now I connect via a USB cable, that fortunately still works great. One day I will get around to doing some deeper troubleshooting on my laptop’s issues by trying uninstalling and reinstalling devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.