Pirate Camp Winter Season 2022-23

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug, my hook will be in the form of a plate and screws holding my wrist at a forever angle. Will schedule the surgery Monday bright and early. Hopefully within a week or so have the surgery. I’ll have to rest a little, but most of my care will be me sending doc xrays taken wherever I’m at. (Not in Parker I can guarantee)! Got cast off and pain immediately returned. Well, Kira talked me into a little thirty mile fourwheeler ride which probably didn’t help.
Looking forward to hitting the road... pain free...

Kira is Ben’s full time Boss. He does not get to do anything without her say so.

NctryBen, just a matter of perspective! Your hook is in stealth mode!

Fry up some bacon and set to the side,
Toss 3 eggs in a pan, let em go for a ride.
Slice up some cheese and get out the Chalula,
For birthing this breaky, we don't need no Dula,
Wrap in a tortilla and shove it inside!!

Ben great news about the pain reduction. Reduced flexing action is rather a bummer. But at least you still have opposable thumbs, fingers that flex and grasp and elbows for rotation!

No problem however if someone tells you to lock your wrist when shooting at a target 😇

NctryBen, just a matter of perspective! Your hook is in stealth mode!

Haha... you bet. I may look funny in January. I may have to practice casting my fishing rod a bit to get that down with no wrist action. I haven’t been able to fish for a couple years cause of this.
Yes Maki... Kira is the boss alright. Unless we’re visiting Doug. Then it’s Blacky! As far as shooting? I wonder about that. I’ll still probably shoot my mouth off. Haha. Some serious rearranging and packing going on now. Once I’m worked on I’ll be pretty much unable to do much before I take off. The good news is I can likely go within a couple weeks after and further follow up I can have whoever take and send xrays to the docs phone. Still I’m getting cold feet... the idea of it all kinda gives you second thoughts. Once done... that’s it! Once the fourwheeler is in I’m going to try and make the front area be my bedroom too until I’m out there.
When people ask why I like Quartzsite, I just tell em I'm waiting for California to fall in the ocean and we’ll finally have ocean front property. Sorry Linda... Southern California...

Oops... I forgot I was on the pirate thread and not the chit chat one. Sorry!

Do not worry Ben, Paulette won’t let that horrid pirate ship captain assign you to any hard labor tasks.

Come on now Doug, you are not really threatening to make a grown man such as North Country Ben cry are you?

I can confirm your ability to get sweaty and draw blood by cutting yourself. I imagine that being as you are soft hearted you might shed a tear now and again as well.

Last edited:
He has been requested to seek out a safety manager, to oversee his activities.... :police:

I don't know what happened................The needlenose pliers just attacked ME

The HOWA lady wanted to stich me up...............Jason cleaned up the Blood...............Nothing to see Move along

Abnorm next time you might want to refrain from immediately proving to me I was right to say you could bloody your own self in Pirate Camp.

But proving to a woman that she was right is a very dangerous habit to get into as they will never again let you forget it happened.

The inventor of duct tape was a man and he is proud of his accomplishment.

The universal tool for mechanical and medical emergencies.

Slap it on and move along. It’s also shiny!

My surgery started out going to be November and by luck an opening happened to come available Wednesday!
Man oh man, I thought I’d have another week to get things done around here. After tomorrow all I can do is the lighter stuff. Hope to be hitting the road soooooon. ( let’s see... surgery Wednesday 🤔 I should be good to go by Thursday morning, right?) Today I’m tearing down scaffolding in my house. Was hoping to do with help this weekend. That after putting my chimney pipe back together. Also, I’m putting my back seat back in my truck. I did most of the other heavy or two handed jobs yesterday. It’s getting real... Arrrr!

I don't know what happened................The needlenose pliers just attacked ME

The HOWA lady wanted to stich me up...............Jason cleaned up the Blood...............Nothing to see Move along

I’d of just stapled ya... be careful Doug! If your gonna give blood... you know where to go. But a true pirate does shed a little once in a while... but a needle nose pliers?

Needle nose pliers, that name alone makes them sound like a perfect torture device that will readily draw blood.

But of course the reality is they are the wimpiest pliers in the tool box.

Status
Not open for further replies.