Oh well, maybe next year. ....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grizzly708

Reaction score
Looks like I won't have my poop in a group in time for the RTR.
I hope everyone has a good time.

but but but

Bears poop in the woods don't they?

Sorry you will not be here.

I'm just glad i CAN still P00P! :D
I feel yah there Grizz ... this would have been my first trip out to RTR, and I'm not going to be able to go. :(

I was hoping to make it too, but sadly it doesn't look like 2018 is going to be the year.  

With it getting more and more crowded and all the posts/reports of @ssholes making too much noise, blasting stereos and running generators all through the night, I hope this won't be the last year for the RTR.  At least with Bob at the helm.  

I don't want to quote Bob, but I saw a YouTube video he did where he talked about how he goes out to the desert to get away from noise and crowds, and (again, not a direct quote) said something about possibly not hosting the RTR anymore if people continued to be disrespectful and loud.  

Unfortunately, as gatherings like this gain in popularity, the ever growing crowds increase the chances of attracting conflicting personalities and those whose motives have little to do with getting away for a quiet and relaxing time in the desert.  Many of them likely see a gathering like this in the wide expanse of BLM land and free camping as the next Burning Man; a place to cut loose and do whatever the heck they want.  

And hey, it's a free country, so they can.  I just hope it doesn't get out of hand.

:blush: I couldn't make the RTR either and it would have been my first.  I sure hope that there is another one - I was hoping for a summer session but next January would be great too.  I need all the help I can get when I escape into the wide open spaces.

I made it as far as Georgia before I turned around and came home. Too many straws in too short a time. I did camp first night in 18f temps and did just fine. All the issues I was having have now been corrected and I just made hot chocolate in the van. There is plenty to see and do closer to home and my tribe is Ruby. She snuggled with me in the sleeping bag. Wow does that dog snore!

Everybody stay well, I hear the flu is rampant but you'll have a good time anyway! :)

I'm here too, in the S&B, aka "jail." Next year, Universe willing, next year.
I just hope everybody just behaves, don't cause no drama, and have a good, safe time.