Nomadic Enigmatics' 2019 van build dates announced

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any repeat participants here? I browsed around on the site for a bit.
It costs nothing ? What about monetary donations?
There will be a quiet(ish) area to camp ?
It's on BLM land about ~9 miles out of Parker. Look for signs.
Pack it in, pack it out. I'm in for that.
Are there porta-potty's on this piece of BLM?
I'm really wanting to attend as a spectator. Dunno for how long. A day, week, two
So I'd just appear, sign whatever waivers and ask for the quiet section?
Just trying to get a mindset.
Thanks,

Yes there are potties, required by BLM. Jamie asks for donations to cover the expense. So if you expect to use them please donate, not directed at just regis. I rode around last year and collected donations, everyone helped as they could. Lots of BLM land around the main site, easy to find a quiet area. Nothing to sign, no required donations. Donations are sometimes collected at the nightly campfires for folks that find themselves in need of something, completely voluntary. This is a thing that started out of a man's heart. Jamie thought there was a need and has found a way to fill it. Stop by and see what is going on, you will leave impressed. If you volunteer you will gain more than you give. Some of the best folks on this earth show up in this little part of the world and do wonders. If you get the idea that I care about the build and the folks involved, you're right !

The care for others index is off the chart

Jamie made a new video yesterday -

"$75 per couple/family. As much as I resisted going this direction, Free admission just wasn't a sustainable path for me. I think you'll agree that this change will make for a much more enjoyable and helpful event for everyone moving forward. A lot more information about the details to follow. I wanted to keep this video short and to the point. I only have a limited space to hold this event so don't wait and get your ticket before it sells out. visit enigmaticnomadics.com for dates, what to expect and to sign up for work or as a volunteer. See you there."

Putting on an event like this is very expensive and he states in the video that it has put him in the hole every year. The $75.00 is for the entire 16 days.

So you have to pay $75 to volunteer your time and tools to work?

Just bought a ticket. Then I went back and signed in to register. Prolly did that backwards.
Sorry. I was too excited.
I did not fill out the volunteer/work form. I will be a spectator.
Will be in the quiet(ish) section.

I'm expecting or suspecting that after they receive payment from PayPal, a ticket or some type of confirmation will be sent to my land address or email. Perhaps then printable.

Another means would be it's an online thing at the gate but I'd be uneasy with that if a snafu would occur. However, like you, I will print out the Pay Pal receipt and have it with me when I arrive.

Since this is the first year, I believe, for Tickets, there may be a couple bugs. However I feel confident it will all work out.

If they mail something here, I will probably be gone before it arrives. But I have my proof it was paid... so won't worry about it. See you there, hopefully.

regis101 said:
Just bought a ticket. Then I went back and signed in to register. Prolly did that backwards.
Sorry. I was too excited.
I did not fill out the volunteer/work form. I will be a spectator.
Will be in the quiet(ish) section.

Regis, since this is a working build won’t you buying a ticket since they are limited in numbers rather hurt the spirit of the build itself? That ticket could go to someone who wants to help and participate.

I didn’t go to the van build but I did hear there were many people that showed up, not to work, but just to partake of the food and festivities.

Well? Now I'm confused. I was interpreting from the video linked above, this year is a first for tickets for admission all around? He speaks of permits and insurance and port johns, etc.

Sort of like it's evolving into larger event status. Sort of a BM but for Van Builds.

Here is the home page. Maybe I misunderstood. ? https://www.enigmaticnomadics.com/?...K9mJDNfd5daJv8npgbSGDembSvbs3bY7X5pKGtoOQg9Dk

If I'm incorrect, I would gladly give up my ticket for someone who eligible . That can be worked out later.

Based upon what I have read about the CRVL caravans, they keep the numbers down to 75 max, or else BLM will require them getting a permit, probably along with other things like insurance and potties. From the youtubes I've seen of the van build, they probably have 200 or more people anymore.

We're gonna need clear as mud confirmation .

* I sent a message thru their website asking them to chime in here for clarification. *

He states in the comments EVERYONE PAYS.....even the volunteers !!!!!!

No Pirate Camp this year at the "build"......doug

I wanted to go to pirate camp... [emoji37]

Jamie is charging $75 for his event to help offset port a potties. He will have vendors there too. Look for his newest post.