New to the Forum >^..^<

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuckeyeKitty

Reaction score
Hello from Ohio (I am originally from Massachusetts). I am located in Fayette county, which is about between Dayton and Columbus. 71 being the big interstate closest to me. 
I am new to the forum though i have been watching Bob's youtube channel for a while now. I have learned so much and it has me more determined than ever to get out on the road.
I do not have a rig yet but I have been looking. I have been torn between a class c or a tow behind camper. I have an SUV at the moment that I barely trust to get me out of town, so I have to work on getting that figured out first. I have also begun minimizing my belongings. It just blows my mind how much crap I actually have. How we actually rent or own places to keep all the stuff we collect or think we have to have. I sat back and just looked around at my stuff. Just the stuff I could see. The stuff that was collecting dust. The majority of that stuff could go just for that reason...it is just sitting there with no real purpose or use...just collecting dust. Unless there is some real personal value, it's going bye bye. Next, the stuff packed away in closets. Same thing. Except for like holiday stuff, that I even minimized down yo just bare minimum of a few things that meant a lot and a tiny tree, every thing else...going bye bye. Such a relief. 
Next all the extra clothes. Coming from an area where I need summer and winter clothes, I am used to having tons of clothes. Also having unfortunately gained and lost weight through the year's, I have several sizes of jeans. Every time I have had to move I had to move all that crap. I just went through all that. I just sold a whole new wardrobe is size 14 jeans to a woman before Christmas. She was so excited as she had recently lost a lot of weight. :)
But I had been saving all that stuff, afraid to get rid of anything. Even just minimizing what I have, and moving it out of my bedroom has been so refreshing. I still plan on doing more, but I have done so good.
Any how, sorry for going on and on. 
What I hope to gain with joint the forum, is meeting friend's, learning as much as possible about everything about RV's and nomadic lifestyle. I will be traveling solo with my two fur-kids Sunny and Stormy  (cat's). So of course any help and tips for traveling with cats would be helpful and how to make our home and travels a happy one. I do have the same worries as anyone starting out, especially being that I would be solo. I like the idea of the tribes and the camaraderie. The idea of safety on numbers while still being independent. :)
I am a registered nurse and a psych nurse. I have been off work now for 19 months due to injuries I sustained after being assaulted by a patient. I have four grown son's and a granddaughter who will be 5 in April. As I said, I am still working on some things and have yet to get a rig. But I am very eager to get one and get out on the road and explore our beautiful country and meet some new friends. I also am trying to figure out some different ways to earn some income while out on the road, but one day and one thing at a time. Any how, thanks for reading >^..^<

Welcome to the forum Buckeyekitty. This is a great place to learn all about living the mobile life. Oh, I know your area very well, when I drove a truck I was always at that Walmart Distribution Center or the Lowe's Distribution Center and Domtar paper. Spent my share of dollars at the Walmart Supercenter too. Might have seen my truck parked there when I was shopping too. Anyway, there are lots of folks here very experienced and knowledgeable so I'm sure you can get any question answered.

How small a world. I live not even two minutes from 35, right off of 41. I want out of here so bad. I have had my fill of Ohio, LOL. Especially with the weather they are calling for starting tomorrow into Saturday. Ugh. Someday... One day... Thanks for replying Motrukdriver. Be safe out there >^..^<

I'm originally from Ohio and escaped at an early age. Wife and I live in Missouri now but currently we are in Australia for another 10 days. Can't wait to get home. Just get mobile and you can follow the 60's as they call it. Move yourself to where ever the best weather is. Check out the weather in Yuma Arizona right now. Our plan is to make a big circle around the southwest desert in winter and then head back to the home base when it is nice there. Good luck in escaping Ohio.

How exciting. I have never traveled out of the country except across into Canada to see their side of Niagara Falls with my parent's. Enjoy and safe travels. Maybe our paths will cross one day. >^..^<

Welcome to the CRVL forums BuckeyeKitty!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome BuckeyeKitty. SO many wonderful people on here and so much info available just for the asking. Good luck with your move to the future... keep downsizing and slowly things will work out for you to get on the road.

Welcome to the forum.
We also travel with two cats!
They have gotten used to being on the road just fine. To me, Home is where the cats are ;)
There are several cat people here, we are harder to find than the dog people, who get walked by their pooches, but we are here ;)
Here's what my kitties say about being on the road
http://www.pennywisepaws.com/home-cats-adventures-road/
They need to write an updated post, because they have adapted so well, but I haven't gotten around to helping them write it ;)

bpdchief said:
Welcome BuckeyeKitty. SO many wonderful people on here and so much info available just for the asking. Good luck with your move to the future... keep downsizing and slowly things will work out for you to get on the road.

I am so eager to make the transition and with the crappy and cold weather we are having right now makes me want it even more. Lol.

StrayCat said:
Welcome to the forum.
We also travel with two cats!
They have gotten used to being on the road just fine. To me, Home is where the cats are ;)
There are several cat people here, we are harder to find than the dog people, who get walked by their pooches, but we are here ;)
Here's what my kitties say about being on the road
http://www.pennywisepaws.com/home-cats-adventures-road/
They need to write an updated post, because they have adapted so well, but I haven't gotten around to helping them write it ;)

Hello there.  Thank you for your reply and encouragement. Your kitties are gorgeous. My two are brothers from same litter. They even have their own Instagram "TheWeatherBoyz" lol

Cute. Thinking Ruby needs her own blog. Think it'd end up complaining about that guy that makes her do stuff so not sure how it would go. We shall see. Good idea

Honeys Park said:
Cute. Thinking Ruby needs her own blog.  Think it'd end up complaining about that guy that makes her do stuff so not sure how it would go.  We shall see.  Good idea

Purrrsonaly I think my two believe there should be more cat blogs, videos, etc. Go for it. Mine would follow ya lol >^..^<

Welcome BuckeyeKitty! I am in the same situation as you, kinda, downsizing and scheming. I also will be a solo woman with two cats, Mystery and Moonlight. (I think that would be a great title for a mystery novel, no?) I am excited but also a little apprehensive, like you, but I know we'll figure it out. There are a lot of solo women out there who have gone before us.

Good travels!

BuckeyeKitty said:
Hello there.  Thank you for your reply and encouragement. Your kitties are gorgeous. My two are brothers from same litter. They even have their own Instagram "TheWeatherBoyz" lol

Yours are very handsome too!! I love orange tabbies!!

BuckeyeKitty said:
Purrrsonaly I think my two believe there should be more cat blogs, videos, etc. Go for it. Mine would follow ya lol >^..^<

Scar, I bet Ruby would totally keep you busy blogging!! With all the guest you have etc.!
It should be fairly easy to add a blog to your website. 

BuckeyeKitty, I agree, Ruby would be worth following, but she's a dog, not a cat, just so you know!
She and my kitties were not so terribly fond of each other  ;)
But she sure is a beauty!!

dawnann7 said:
Welcome BuckeyeKitty! I am in the same situation as you, kinda, downsizing and scheming. I also will be a solo woman with two cats, Mystery and Moonlight. (I think that would be a great title for a mystery novel, no?) I am excited but also a little apprehensive, like you, but I know we'll figure it out. There are a lot of solo women out there who have gone before us.

Good travels!

Thanks for the reply. I think that would be an awesome title. The fact that there are other's, gives me hope.

dawnann7 said:

Good travels!

Have to keep in touch to see how it goes with prep & travel with our fur-kds >^..^<