New to the forum

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoodoo

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm Peter, I was at the recent (2015) RTR. I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting other like-minded folks! I am not full-timing as yet; I came because I discovered Bob's blog and really liked it and I saw the RTR as an opportunity to learn, discover, and experience what I found on Bob's blog.

Welcome to the CRVL forums, Peter! I missed the RTR this year, for the first time. but I am looking forward to nextyear. Maybe we'll meet then.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

If this is Peter, the RTR chef, we all own you a big thank you. How you mixed all of the cans of miscellaneous soups to make such delicious combinations I'll never figure out. The tortilla soup was really wonderful! I hope you realize that you're now obligated to come back every year to make the chili and soup! :-D

tonyandkaren said:
If this is Peter, the RTR chef, we all own you a big thank you. How you mixed all of the cans of miscellaneous soups to make such delicious combinations I'll never figure out. The tortilla soup was really wonderful! I hope you realize that you're now obligated to come back every year to make the chili and soup! :-D

Yup, it's me. I accept the obligation and thank you both, and everyone who participated in this year's RTR, for the warm reception and support you gave me.

Hi Peter and Welcome!! Wish I could have been there to taste the creations. :)

Well, it's been about 5 months since I posted. I'm still above ground! Thanks for all the kind words, and a big thanks to Bob who has been an inspiration and guide to all.

I hit a few financial snags, but now have a timetable for getting onto the road-2 months from now I *have* to be out of my residence. So I should be popping up around the forums more. Am hoping to buy an EB Ford 350 and outfit it between now and August 1, when I hope to hit the road.

Nice to hear from you hoodoo. Glad the plan is coming together!

vandella said:
Nice to hear from you hoodoo. Glad the plan is coming together!

I'm on the road in two weeks! Bought an E-350, gutted it, will have bed platform and rough cabinet in place by Monday, solar is coming along. It will be a work in progress once I am out of my sticks and bricks place, I am figuring to work a little and to continue to outfit and adjust the interior.

See you in the desert!!

hoodoo said:
I'm on the road in two weeks! Bought an E-350, gutted it, will have bed platform and rough cabinet in place by Monday, solar is coming along. It will be a work in progress once I am out of my sticks and bricks place, I am figuring to work a little and to continue to outfit and adjust the interior.

See you in the desert!!
Peter, welcome and remember we love pictures. Met you at the RTR. Jan

Hi from two former soup stirrers! Happy to hear you'll be back on the road!

IMG_4411.JPGIMG_4411.JPGIMG_4411.JPG
akrvbob said:
You weren't soup-stirrers, you were happiness providers!
Bob

Hey Jen and Ash!! Nice to see you! You were stalwarts, too. I couldn't have done any of it without you guys, Maggie, Sassy, and all those who pitched in.

I'm just finding my way around in the forum. I am not used to a threaded system, so am stumbling around here and there. But in Real Life, I am jamming with my van. I'm trying to attach a picture now.

No luck, I guess there's a size limit and I can't resize the ones I have. I'll keep trying. I'll be in the van, more or less, in 10 days. Staying with a friend while the build continues. I'm very happy to be moving on this, and thanks to all of you who inspired me at the RTR and who have helped me since. And a big hurrah for Bob!

Attachments

• IMG_4411.JPG
    IMG_4411.JPG
    384.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4413.JPG
    IMG_4413.JPG
    452.6 KB · Views: 12
Woops, I guess I posted pictures alright. Sorry for the repetition. Now I know how to do it, anyway.
P

hoodoo said:

See you in the desert!!

An update. The panels are on (440 watts) and the battery box is built, wiring will be (I hope) finished this week so I will have power. Bed is built, kitchen and more storage are waiting for the wiring to be finished. Off to LA next week for a shakedown cruise and my youngest nephew's wedding. I will try to post more photos, and hope to be learning how best to navigate the forum!

Really looking forward to this year's RTR and seeing many of you that I met last year; this year I will be an FT.

Very nice sir, where are you putting your batteries?

I realize these forums are new to you, but maybe you could get us a few more pics?

Mike R