New Jersey Shooters are Identified as Van Dwellers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah but you are the person who is turning their living in a van into a big deal. That news article barely mentions it, they did not treat it any different than saying they were living in an apartment or a house. There was no big deal at all made about their being in a van.

Screenshot_2019-12-12-04-14-25.png

"The hate mongers behind the deadly Jersey City shooting that left three civilians and a police officer dead were a pair of religiously fanatical lovers who lived together inside a van, according to records and neighbors."

"About a year after the two met, Graham — who grew up in the Manhattanville Houses in West Harlem — lost her home through foreclosure and moved into a van with Anderson, the neighbor said."

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-12-04-14-25.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-12-04-14-25.png
    582.5 KB
maki2 said:
yeah but you are the person who is turning their living in a van into a big deal. That news article barely mentions it, they did not treat it any different than saying they were living in an apartment or a house. There was no big deal at all made about their being in a van.

Maki2, well....I don’t see myself as making a “big deal” about it. I was simply pointing out a national news story that has some relevance to the van dwelling community.

The article mentions their living situation. It mentions the fact that they live in a van in both the title of the article and in the body of the article.

I provided a link to the story so that others may read it and draw their own conclusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fail to see how it's relevant. I bet the "van dwellers" were also "shoe wearers," which is just as relevant.

maki2 said:
Like so many "news" stories, this original one was poorly researched, poorly written. Later articles on these losers identified the vehicle in question as a stolen U-haul van.

Vans don't create these issues, people and drugs create these issues.

drysailor said:
Like so many "news" stories, this original one was poorly researched, poorly written. Later articles on these losers identified the vehicle in question as a stolen U-haul van.

Glad I'm not the only one thats noticed.
I find most 'news' is short on facts (and usually wrong) and long on opinion, not proof-read or edited.  Just type some drivel and hit send.

People are going to be people. Much of what people sometimes do when life gets to be too much is bad. Just be glad it wasn't a HOWA van! Let us hope the efforts of this forum and HOWA can change some lives for the better.

I wonder if they started out shooting phones and worked their way up?

I always wonder about how many people end up being in jail after serving four years in the Army reserves getting hooked on automatic weapons, then caught on an illegal weapons charge, sentenced to several years in jail which makes them a felon. I assume that once they get out if they get even a bb gun they can be put back in jail for years which this guy did twice! As a felon they I believe loose the right to hold a public office and vote as well? Apparently a lot of people don't care to take the time to understand how a few mistakes can really screw up their lives and all because they think a weapon in their hands is the solution and gives them the power to feel in control at least till they are shot dead?