new house is here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not sure. I won't be next weekend maybe the following 1 & 2. actually I wish I was there right now as the temp is below 90°. highdesertranger

it might not even be that weekend. yeah Kingman is not that far if you go via Oatman. highdesertranger

Congratulations on the new trailer. That is an awesome blank slate to start with.

I have a 7X16 cargo camper. It is great and the perfect size for us, but I know that you have lots of equipment and 3 Engels to house so you need more room. Pictures of my build (and many other CTs) are over on tnttt cargo trailers. For mine: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=55219&start=255

Good luck and enjoy your new camper!

I’m looking for a house sitter job
Will negotiate...

highdesertranger said:
well actually I have it all loaded up ready to go to Arizona.  I have been buying parts but it's been slow going as the trailer put a big dent in my wallet.  don't worry it will come.  highdesertranger

I have nice furniture if you need anything 
You’d have to swing by and pick it up ...

Congratulations HDR. You're moving on up!  :)

hey, so how is the build going HDR? progress? pics? have a missed the thread somewhere?

it's to darn hot I will start in October. I have been buying stuff, highdesertranger

the trailer is over in Mohave Valley, AZ. I no longer have a place to work on things in So Cal. I already told my boss come October I am going to be real scarce so plan accordingly. highdesertranger

What kind of stuff? Inquiring minds want to know.,,

what kind of stuff?

well I have 2 of the 435 watt solar panels.
I have my old 2 80 watt panels which is a complete system
rood top combiner box
conduit to run the wire in, plus fittings
battery box for the tongue which is a cross the bed tool box. so it will hold more than the batteries
circuit breakers and box
misc wire and fittings

I still need the controller and a few other misc things for the solar. I want to get the solar up and running first then I will work on the other stuff over time. my goal is to get the solar done before January.

a BIG SHOUT OUT to Jim in Denver for help with the solar design. Jim I have a couple bottles of your favorite adult beverages with your name on them.

I will try to get some insulation done and maybe a couple windows and a door done by then to. but once the solar is done I am good to go. I will just put my cot inside and camp in it. after all I have a complete camp already,

I will post build threads once it cools down. there will be a.

roof rack build
solar build
window, door, and insulation build
bed build
shower build
storage system build
and whatever else pops up build

highdesertranger

@HDR
Let me know if you need an extra hand this winter. I intend on being in AZ desert at some point then and would be more than glad to assist for a week or whatever.

thanks guys I will let everyone know when I start work. from memory it's usually towards the end of October when it starts to cool down. highdesertranger