Needing help for disabled trailer build

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildBill60go

Reaction score
I live in Olympia Wa. I have acquired the elements for getting my cargo trailer on the road but I lack the physical ability to put it all together...so close to my dreams being in reach yet until the trailer is made ready it is all still just a dream "OUT" of reach. Looking for help that might be near my location....this will be my home that I can afford on my disability, the family help I have had for four years now, to have a place to live, is fast coming to an end because of a terminal illness and the house is up for sale and I am in the process of packing with no place to go, unless state funded subsidized housing, which is not my choice to live the way I would like...just need help to get over the start up hump to living a more enjoyable affordable nomadic lifestyle. If there is anyone in the area looking for a build project that can help an old fart get on the road, it would surely be appreciated. Can dreams really come true? Thank you for your time.

Hi Bill. I hope so much that you find someone near by to help you. I would if I could!

I'm sure there is someone there that can help but worse case scenario just get your trailer loaded up and head out. There is really nothing you need to build. Take a look at Bob's YouTube page and you can see there are people doing it with less than anyone imagined they could.
Also check out Enigmatic Nomadic on YouTube. He host a van build for two weeks in Havasu City. There are tons of handy people there that just volunteer to work on others projects. I have made it through two winters with absolutely nothing but a big pile of blankets a carhart jacket and the food stamps. I warmed the car by burning newspaper in a tin can. Trust me, where there is a will there is a way. And I'm no spring chicken. I am 51 years old and very out of shape.

Wild Bill, I can't make it to Washington, but my offer still stands. If you can get yourself and trailer to Colorado I'd be more than happy to help.

masterplumber said:
Wild Bill, I can't make it to Washington, but my offer still stands. If you can get yourself and trailer to Colorado I'd be more than happy to help.

Where in Colorado? GPS location? Need to map out and plan....need to get a transmission cooler installed on my tow vehicle, I need to be real protective of my ride because it's set up to be operated by a single user handicapped person and they are expensive and not always set up that way, so hoping to get that done soon. Thank you for offering your help and I will surely take you up on it as soon as I can swing a few things and gas to get there or go to Havasu with Jamie's bunch, just so much up in the air here at home with family health issues and the sale of the house, that's my main reason for looking for local help.

I'm just outside Colorado Springs. I do need to warn you that winter is approaching. It got down to 35 last night. Havasu would be warmer. On the other hand I have power and can run a heater. Just give me a week or two heads up if you head this way so I can let the Missus know.

Hi Bill,  just checking to see if you're doing ok on your build and on the road.