Nature Lover and friends keep in touch

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi NatureLover. Sending you a virtual hug and greetings for a happy holiday season!

You might want to go to a thrift store and find a Holiday wreath to put on the front of your scooter. Wearing a Santa hat might induce a woman to sit on your lap. Nah that won’t ever happen but no harm in looking friendly or being a bit silly. We all know you enjoy being silly…and thinking “ naughty thoughts”.🎅

Maybe this week I will go to a thrift store and find an outdoor wreath and bow for my trailer!

Last edited:
A very official announcement from the nature lover. I have been pondering this for some time. Praying about it and I have made a decision. Please don’t try to dissuade me. It is my final decision. I am pulling my name off the ballot for US president in 2004. I’m sorry if I disappoint you but I do have a personal life to live.

A very official announcement from the nature lover. I have been pondering this for some time. Praying about it and I have made a decision. Please don’t try to dissuade me. It is my final decision. I am pulling my name off the ballot for US president in 2004. I’m sorry if I disappoint you but I do have a personal life to live.
And I had such hopes for our country!! Don’t worry, we’ll muddle through. Oh wait... you’d have been running against George W. In 2004...

It is understandable now that you have no longer have a van. The mobility scooter just does not have the mileage range between charges to get you out on the National campaign trail.

Have you considered adding a solar panel canopy top on it?

A sad announcement from Lancaster County PA. We had our first noticeable snowfall yesterday. It wasn’t a lot, but it made everything white for just a few hours. Years ago when I started going to Florida for the winter, I said I would never see snow and ice again. I was a liar. Oh how I wish for Florida. We don’t always get what we wish for at least I didn’t get what I deserve.

God bless the nomads, even those that get snowed upon.

Is it just my imagination, or do East Coast states like PA actually get a lot more snow than Idaho? I recall living in North Idaho and every winter was different. One winter we had frequent hail storms. Another winter, almost no snow. Another winter, 3 feet of snow that never melted all winter. I never knew what to expect.

. . . do East Coast states like PA actually get a lot more snow than Idaho? . . . .
Your question made me curious so I looked at the map:
United_states_average_annual_snowfall (1).jpg
It seems most of Idaho (except for that low-altitude "smile" across its base) get maximum snow the same as the far North part of the East Coast, Maine down through northern Pensilvania. It's interesting that the closer to the Atlantic waters you get, the further North you must go to see the same amount of snow. I guess that's because warmer-than-land water is heating the incoming ocean breezes a bit.

There is also not a lot of snow in Seattle. My friend who lives full time on his boat at a marina in Seattle on the Puget Sound shore line has never had the temperature below the waterline in his boat get lower than 46 degrees. That will be a great advantage when he upgrades his “house” battery bank to LIPO4s as he will not need a heater system to keep the batteries from shutting down in freezing temperatures.

Seattle does not typically get a lot of snow in winter but once in a while it gets a very wet, super heavy snow storm that is so moisture laden that it collapses flat or low pitched roofs at homes, covered marinas, parking structures and businesses including big box store roofs. Most especially true if it rains before that snowfall has melted.

There is also not a lot of snow in Seattle. My friend who lives full time on his boat at a marina in Seattle on the Puget Sound shore line has never had the temperature below the waterline in his boat get lower than 46 degrees. That will be a great advantage when he upgrades his “house” battery bank to LIPO4s as he will not need a heater system to keep the batteries from shutting down in freezing temperatures.

Seattle does not typically get a lot of snow in winter but once in a while it gets a very wet, super heavy snow storm that is so moisture laden that it collapses flat or low pitched roofs at homes, covered marinas, parking structures and businesses including big box store roofs. Most especially true if it rains before that snowfall has melted.
Yea and I just love this Pineapple Express s#$t, floods and wind and lumpy rain drops and ...... I envy you all in Arizona right about now. But then again, the library is close, the fireplace is warm, and my coco is yummy.
Oh ya, and yesterday I got to show 15-20 preschoolers how to catch raindrops on their tongues..

The wind chill will take Quartzsite temperature down to 34 degrees at dawn on this coming 12/10/2023 morning. I plan on sleeping in, staying nice and cozy under my blankets and down sleeping bag. I already put up my insulated, reflective, window coverings. That reduces cold drafts. My popup top is also lowered. All set for a cold winters night including scratch made cinnamon hot cocoa with a splash of rum in it. Plus movies to watch. Definetly glamping style rather than ”roughing it”. Too bad my trailer is not large enough for a little wood burning stove. I would enjoy that!

Sending this to all my friends to encourage you for the holidays there’s always more than one option.

View attachment 34691
My family knows I don't want either of those i want to be cremated and dumped in a compost bin at a public garden some where, just don't put me in a damn box.

Thank you for the giggle sir it is mightily needed around here this time of year.

I plan to be cremated also. And as a testimony of their love for me, my children are going to scatter my ashes in the outhouse at our cabin. Well, not exactly in the outhouse in the ”hole” in the outhouse.

My daughter says even if I’m cremated she’d have an open casket first so she can dress me as a clown… she figures I’ll outlive her with that threat… I don’t put her in charge of much for obvious reasons.
As for your picture… I’d always go the extra mile!

dust to dust is a wonderful concept. I was pro cremation until I read "Up in Smoke" by a funeral home worker. Yes, I do read stuff like this, lol. Cremation is bad for the environment and the ashes are toxic to the planet. So, my mind has been changed ... choosing a Green Burial. Basically, composting for humans. Good for the soil, good for the environment and cheaper than cremation.

. . . . I was pro cremation until I read "Up in Smoke". . . . Cremation is bad for the environment and the ashes are toxic to the planet. . . .
Wow, I had no idea that cremation is bad. I thought it fertilized the soil, not poison it!

But my solution is simple: I have that little heart printed on my driver's license which means some lucky medical students will get to study every part of my old body, piece by piece, learning how to fix each of those parts in living patients.

Seems a good cause to me, and means no one has to pay $$$ to bury or cremate me.