Nature Lover and friends keep in touch

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey NL. How are ya doing? have you left the Sarasota area yet? What are ya eating nowadays from WM?

Hello Jdub, I was up at Fort De Soto for a few days (Osprey from Fort De Soto below) and now I’m back in Sarasota. At the Walmart. The gas prices and my stupid budget just don’t agree. So I’m not gonna be driving more than 5 miles a day for a week or two. In the deli at the Walmart they have General TSO boneless chicken wings. I got 16 for $10. I thought this would last about three or four meals. But it lasted just about three hours. My, they were good! Oink oink oink.C21734F9-46DA-48CD-B060-C71D02A5F834.jpeg

My weather apps say Thursday.

But I have to say, I'm gettin kind of tired of this.

Do you think there's been more wind this year than last?

How's your tent holding up?
To me it feefls like is definetly less wind this year. But there have been some strong ones and it so far has been cooler than last year. serms drier this winter as well, there has not been enough rain to get the washes running even once this winter. last winter here in La Posa that happened several times. Not to flood stage but there was a visible flow down them. So overall a pretty mild seadon, no big freezes, no super hot days. I have not so far seen any really large dust devils.

I’ve been keeping a secret from all my friends on the formum. I’m in a relationship now. I’m truly in love with this young thing. Actually the relationship started years ago when I was married and I was hiding it from my wife. Now I wanna shout it from the house tops, I’m in love. We have the most hot and heavy relationship I’ve ever seen. I can deny it no more I’m in love. I am including a picture of her here. I know all of you “guys” will be jealous. This announcement has made me hunger for her even more so I’m about to go and spend some heavenly time with her.

B0AC700B-ECE6-43BD-98E6-329CF549B52D.jpeg

Naturelover....some long term relationships are more lasting than others...

Maki2. Yes and I hope this one lasts a long long long time. As long as my heart holds up cause I’m eating all the great junk food from her. Not just hers but her big sister is Sarah Lee and her mom is Betty Crocker. I love that family can’t wait to go to a reunion.

Maki2. Yes and I hope this one lasts a long long long time. As long as my heart holds up cause I’m eating all the great junk food from her. Not just hers but her big sister is Sarah Lee and her mom is Betty Crocker. I love that family can’t wait to go to a reunion.

Dont forget uncle Jimmy Dean!

Gotta make sure your eating all the food groups.

I was out again today and got a lot of birds. And I took over 100 shots of an anole so I Could get his dewlap out and shining. I caught it. What an amazing act of God that is. So I’m putting a picture of the Enoli with the dewlap and the beautiful little sora that I shot today.114D040C-65D4-4B70-ABBE-8998043E2A8D.jpeg3DAEB19C-D6E1-4FB9-B2AD-D17A9A70B57C.jpeg

Be careful Naturelover, you will make the cooks at CB jealous and that could get ugly if you want to sleep there.

This current windstorm is tiresome, another 14 hours of it left to get through. The lions of March are roaring with 40mph gust today. Next up the lions are going to turn up the heat into the 90s. Only few more days and I will be gone from Southern AZ until next November.

LOL, I'm in the back of my homemade camper in Quartzsite. It's rockin' like it was going down the freeway. Sissy hasn't been out to wander since morning, & doesn't like the wind either. After my 14 day stay is up, I'm going to head home to the PNW in a slow migration (we don't like the wind & constant rain either.) I think a week or two in the redwoods would be a nice compromise.

I run out of money every month a day or two earlier than the last month. So we’re looking for a crash at one time or another. Still I am out taking pictures of birds when I can. I have to run the van to keep the batteries up for the refrigerator. The checking account has less than five dollars in it. and it is 11 or 12 days till paycheck. Oh the life of the nomad is so happy and free. If I was sitting in an apartment lonely somewhere I would still be out of money so I’d rather be outside and out of money than inside and out of money. One day outside is better than a week inside.

Here are some pictures I took in the last two days. The bigger bird with the orange/red bill is the purple swamp hen, gray-headed sub species. (2shots) This is an invasive species that many are worried about here in Florida.

Another picture is of what I am jokingly calling a newly discovered Herron species, since I discovered it in should be named after me. But seriously it is a tri colored heron with the wind blowing up his back causeing his “breading“ feathers to make it look very strange. Talk about being at the right place at the right time for that photograph.

Also a nice picture of a pie-billed grebe in transition plumage. The grebe is the one with the black ring around his bill.

To those of you nomads who travel in the east. — I have started my new Google group which is called EANN which stands for Eastern American Nomad Network. It is not an effort to do anything like Wells is doing in the west. But just a way for those traveling in East to communicate with each other and see what comes of it. In order to join this net work You must be invited And have a google account. If you’d like to be invited or have any questions, contact me. You don’t have to be a full-time Easterner but you should be someone who travels East of the Mississippi at least part of the year. I’m not up-to-date on how to run a Google group so it’s going to be something we’re going to be learning together. I don’t envision a place where you can get thousands of dollars worth of help from others. But there will be more practical ways of helping each other from this communication, I hope.7923D8F8-F58F-4DB2-A0BC-0A57CAB781A4.jpeg4DB05309-9E38-4F1C-8DF6-500049B21D44.jpegF61ADF0C-1EAF-42D5-BF31-0A26523202F4.jpeg

51C8FCC4-80E8-4B59-9BCB-DDDFB9C2021B.jpeg

Looks like that Herron is having a bad Feather Day!!!!

Hello again fellow nomads, God bless you all. I’m still in Sarasota waiting for the repairs on my van, and not driving it much so I don’t make it worse. SS is supposed to come in on the third so the repairs Are scheduled for the fourth.

April fools day is coming quick. I really like a holiday named after me because I am a fool.

Here are some more pictures of recent days. Two of wood ducks at the nest box, two of a crested Cara Cara (falcon) and I think you all recognize The one with the white head. I never know what order they’re gonna come up when I put them in.

God bless every nomad everywhere, and keep the do-gooders out of our hair.6BD57083-2624-4D24-993C-C5B6F8DF2B80.jpeg334B1183-AA6F-4129-9679-5A23CCE990F7.jpegC1C6DFDE-5307-45CA-88CA-AA636092F14F.jpegF2C1EDD0-8812-4A99-8991-19F08C28964D.jpeg57AF2F95-8ED1-47C1-8624-523BAE6B8A02.jpeg

Hey NL, I'm back from my trip. How are things going? What's wrong w your van?

JDub - The check engine light is on And it’s running very rough “missing“ It was on at home for a bit and then off and then on. My home mechanic said I need new spark plug wires particularly on the fifth cylinder. So I have an appointment to get that done Monday the fourth after my Social Security arrives. If that doesn’t take care of the problem they’ll have to do more exploring at the garage down here. It is frustrating that I have to wait until money is there cause I have nothing back in savings. Bob always says if you don’t have 2500 to 3000 in savings don’t go out in the road cause you’re crash and burn. I didn’t have a choice I don’t have the savings and I didn’t want to stay at home. So I was expecting this kind of thing but not prepared for it. I’m praying that it is the wires as my home mechanic says. He did all the other work for tuning it up except the wires. I’m not traveling very far just two or 3 miles out to the celery fields to do nature photography and then back to Walmart. I do have people I can borrow from but man I hate to do that.

here are some pictures from today. Another shot of that beautiful sora this one includes detail. A few shots of cormorants and two of a Osprey in flight. Enjoy9F3D562A-9F17-4134-8D7A-B902232EA94E.jpeg9F9D6693-3E2F-4A27-BEF3-3E4E9A6997D7.jpeg8A742479-6A9C-4527-A476-FEA950142DFF.jpegE6B8D35F-50C5-4899-ACB6-EF771FB639C7.jpegA45F6B1D-77A0-49F0-91D0-5ED46DCE5B5A.jpegE2F407E2-B97B-4D64-B6FB-C49B97507B6F.jpeg

Last edited: