Mr buddy thermostat

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darude

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a thermostat for the Mr buddy ? After googling it out I see they make em for the kerosene models I was wondering if they made em for the propane units

The easiest thing to do is call the company...they have a Customer Service Number....call 800-251-0001 (USA & Canada)
I am sure they don't because I researched them from one end to the other....The Key is is to buy the right BTU's for your space. My high setting is 9,000 BTU's. This is a lot of heat for average weather. Also I only live where the good weather is. However, Wintering in the Desert can be very cold at times. Last year in this area during New Years {Ehrenberg/Quartzsite} we fell to around 21 degrees or so, if my old brain remembers right. Also living in Flagstaff towards the end of Summer and Fall...Very cold weather and even snow can arrive in an instant..

no thermostat for the mr buddy heater though I did have the rep put it in as a suggestion. to be honest the more I really think about it I think that I would rather go with a stove that's vented outside like the Dickinson marine stoves or the Kimberly stove. though I would never put a Kimberly stove in a van that's just insane!!

I don't have one (trying to order one), but the closest thing to a Buddy with a thermostat is probably http://ventedcatheater.com/. Another advantage is that it vents the moisture to the outside as well.

I would connect an electronic CO and/or O2 sensor in series also; the Vented Cat uses a different safety mechanism and is not UL listed (I'm told it the former manufacturer certified it to a different standard).

Latest posts