I Want Buddy Heater Safety Tips

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carla, I blew up the photo of your gauge so it could be read better. I looked thru Google but didn't find anything like this particular gauge.

Maybe some others here will know what the information displayed is indicating.

I've never seen a gauge like this one, and am not sure if it is a "Therm Pro" or a Thermopro".

View attachment 34981
I have a couple of these, one on the outside of the RV in the shady side of the RV, and one on the inside of the RV. To reset the range the battery needs to be removed.

I have similar units in my DC refrigerator to track the temp range near the top at the front, and at the bottom back.

Top # is current humidity. Below that is minimum (low) and maximum (high) humidity since reset. Upper right on mine currently has a frowny face with DRY, as my current indoor humidity is 10% which is the minimum value. In Amargosa Valley it has to be raining, snowy or foggy to register any humidity above 10%.

On January 11 we had light snow on the ground in the early AM, and later outside the min/max was 23% and 86%, with 23% at 16:35. The nearby local Weather Underground station recorded 0.04 inch of precipitation for that day.

14.4 is the current temp in F scale, line below has the minimum and maximum temp since reset, a spread of 72.9.

The units can vary, they are not precise, they are cheap, with variations in readings, one was +2.3 F off from another next to it. Hard to know which was off or both.

That news about a repair shop is encouraging. I forget your RV history......have you ever pulled the trailer? Do you have a
proper truck now? If those are YES, then there is lots of room in southern AZ in the winter. I'm sure there are other
factors and cost of travel. But it is FREE and WARM here. Best of luck in the repairs/checkout.
Never pulled a trailer. I have a proper truck, but she is old: 1995 Ford F250 5.8 Regular cab and long bed. It's running really well... knock on wood.

The units can vary, they are not precise, they are cheap, with variations in readings, one was +2.3 F off from another next to it. Hard to know which was off or both.
They are super cheap. Are all of yours the same brand as mine? Thermopro? Because Amazon has hundreds that look identical.